xii.

C H A N E L

The rest of the day was alright. I didn't bump into Giovanni again which I was glad about.

Giovanni sent my dad my finger and now we're waiting for him to send back the money he owes him, or else I'm dead. I didn't doubt that Giovanni would kill me, he made it really obvious he doesn't like me. I still didn't understand why, but he was not easy to read.

I was currently sitting on the couch and watching TV, the boys were out doing a mission and Giovanni was in his office. Valeria and I were left alone with boredom.

"I'm bored," Valeria whined. "Where's Tobias, so I can make out with him?"

I rolled my eyes. "You can't throw yourself at every guy," I told her.

"Well at least I try and get guys you haven't been near them ever since the party," she told me.

My jaw dropped at her uncaring tone. She knew what happened to me.

"Oh come on, I didn't mean it like that, you know that," she said. Her eyes softened as she turned to me. "I don't mean to be a bitch."

"I know," I said. "It's just been hard."

Truth was I couldn't talk to anyone truly about how I was feeling. I felt everyone would judge me and I had to keep up the perfect act where I had no problems. The one where everyone looked up to me.

I felt crushed when Ashley told me I said that to her daughter. I didn't believe I would be able to do that, but my life was full of surprises and things I didn't remember I've said.

I wondered what it would be like if I was part of the gang. What would I do? What would I be in charge of? Everything confused me.

Everything changed since I found out my family was part of a life changing fact.

I didn't know who was good or bad since my father was in another gang which was enemies with the one that kidnapped me.

I was torn with what to believe in anymore. My life was a lie, most of it.

I was too lost in thought I didn't realize Giovanni was out of his office. Since I was bored I decided to ask him to make me something to eat.

I got up from the couch and walked towards him in the kitchen.

"Can you make me something to eat?" I asked. I batted my eyelashes and stared in his green eyes.

He didn't even look at me. He was unfazed. He ignored me and walked past me, hitting my shoulder on the way.

I followed behind him. "Don't you think you owe me for calling me a slut and many other hurtful words," I persuaded.

"I only said what was true," he answered. His voice was monotone. "I thought you didn't want to talk to me."

"I don't. I was getting hungry," I told him.

He ignored me. He had the same cold stare in his eyes.

"What? You're just going to let me starve?" I yelled after him. "I get that you don't like me, but that's cruel."

He stopped and turned around. He glared at me and I felt uncomfortable. I squirmed and looked away from him.

He came towards me and I stood my ground. "Ask someone else."

"I can't nobody is here but you and I'm pretty sure Valeria doesn't even know how to turn on a sink," I said.

"You aren't any different," he muttered under his breath.

I looked at him. I narrowed my eyes. "Would you quite with the insults. They actually are really insulting."