xvi.

G I O V A N N I

She looked so terrified. Giovanni didn't know what to do. He had never been in this situation before, when he was younger he had no problem shooting a gun. He had so much anger that he felt relieved once he had.

This girl was different. She was innocent and pure. She would be scarred if he made her do it and she had already been through a lot. So, he didn't.

He made her fight instead.

"Okay, so you put you're hands up to cover your face," Giovanni explained to the clueless girl.

She placed her hands up and took him by surprise. She flipped him over and he landed on the mat with a groan. Where did she learn to do that?

She smirked. Her eyes glistening with mischief.

He got up, his head spinning and he sat up, grabbing ahold of his back where he landed.

"Where the fuck did you learn that from?" He growled.

She smiled, extensively. "My brother."

Ever since the incident that happened at the party, she was taught to defend herself. She never thought she'd be in this position again, so when she had she froze and everything she learnt escaped her mind.

Until seeing the mat today. It was like everything she practiced returned back into her mind.

"I can't believe I took you down, how old are you like forty?" She asked.

He snarled. "I'm not forty, you little fuck. I'm twenty one," he muttered.

"Same difference," She smiled, widely. "You're pretty old to be beat by a teenager."

"I was just not ready for that," he complained. "You took me by surprise."

"Sure," she giggled, sarcastically. "Just admit it I was fast."

"Not fast enough," he said. "The only reason you got me was because I was not expecting that."

She waited for him to not be ready. She waited to take him by surprise again.

She grabbed his arm and tried to flip him over again, but this time Giovanni predicted what she was going to do and stopped it before she could throw him over, instead he flipped her over.

She winced in pain. Her eyes shut closed.

He held her still until she opened her eyes. He stared into them. They were beautiful to him. She stared back at him, her eyes sparkled.

"You weren't fast enough there," he smirked over top of her. "I could easily have access to your face and you'll be knocked out."

He brought his other hand and fisted it, slowly punching it forward to show her the access to her face.

She flinched. Her heart started to race at the pressure of his body on top of hers.

"Get off," she choked out.

He got off of her and she sprung up quickly ready to get him again.

"Just admit it, I took you by surprise," she teased.

He rolled his eyes. "That's because I wasn't ready for that, but if I had known you knew how to fight. You wouldn't have gotten away with that," he explained.

"Fine," she cried. "Then, if we fight and I win. I won't have to pay the fifty million dollars and neither will my brother," she betted.

She always turned things into a game with him. She was always one for games. She was always competitive.

"And if I win?" He asked.

"You won't," she challenged.

"But if I do," he started. "You'll have to pay double."

Chanel's mouth hung open. "How is that fair?"

"Eh, you said I won't win, so it shouldn't matter," Giovanni rebuked.

"You won't, but it still has to be fair," she said. She was trying to make sure it would be a win win situation for herself.

"How about if I win, then you have to shoot the gun?" He asked her.

She looked at him, debating with what he just said to her. They always tend to make deals with each other.

She definitely didn't want to shoo the gun, so she had to win. She practiced for so long, she could beat him. She would have to since she would get something so good out of it.

They wouldn't be in debt anymore and everything would be fine. She would get to live and Derrick wouldn't have to do anything for her. He had already done so much for her, she didn't know how to repay him.

She'd repay him like this.

She would win the fight.

She was silent for so long that Giovanni was growing impatient.

Giovanni asked again. "You will shoot the gun if I win?" He reassured.

She hesitantly nodded her head, agreeing to his part of the deal. "But, you won't," she added.

"Don't be cocky," Giovanni glared.

"I'm not cocky, it's confidence," she sassed.

He pinched the bridge of his nose. Why was he making a deal with her, again?

He knew he'd win against her, but she looked so excited to win. Since when did he care about her happiness?

He felt so troubled.

"Make sure to not go easy on me, okay?" She asked.

He wasn't going to anyway.

There was no way in hell that he will let her fathers debt slide out of his fingers. Her father was going to pay and he didn't care who he had to fuck over to get it, including the innocent princess.

"Be prepared to go down," she said, darkly. She was trying to be scary.

All Giovanni saw was a little kitten who was going to eat up all her cocky words once he was finished with her.

He was going to show her that being so confident wasn't such a good way to be anymore.

She wanted nothing more than to punch that arrogant smirk off of his face. Now was the perfect chance. For them both.

Let the fight begin.