xlv.

C H A N E L

It's been a month since we've returned from Italy. Luke's gun wound healed completely and I haven't been in much danger since then. Giovanni's father had been exploded with the plane and it was a good thing I haven't heard anything from him. He wasn't out to get me.

The bounty was officially off and no one tried to kill me or capture me. I finally felt safe and like I could take a break from all the crime.

My life had been a roller coaster ride since I've met the gang.

"How's my favourite girl doing?" Tobias asked.

I was currently eating ice cream since Giovanni made me drop mine than kidnap me. Luke got me ice cream from his work.

"Eating ice cream," I answered. There was a spoonful of Cookies 'N' Cream ice cream in my mouth.

He chuckled. "You're something else."

Tobias was about to take a bite of my ice cream, but I slapped his hand before he could.

"Hey!" I exclaimed. "Don't touch."

"Come on, just one bite," Tobias whined. He tried to get ahold of my ice cream, but I clutched it close.

"Toby! No!" I shouted. I didn't want him to take any.

He sighed and finally let go. "Okay, fine." He sat down in the chair next to me. I ate another spoonful. I faced him.

"So . . ." I held the spoon and pointed it at him. "How did you become a part of the gang?"

"I was young and in an orphanage, I was on the street and Giovanni found me and offered to help, it was probably one of the greatest things that happened to me," he told me.

I nodded my head. Giovanni took him in. That was nice, he had done something for someone other than himself. I wonder how the rest of the gang came together. Did Giovanni do nice things for the other members of his gang?

"How about the others?" I asked.

"Grae was his best friend since they were in grade school together and they were training together since they were children. Luke had been stuck with his abusive father and got kicked out of his house, Giovanni helped him out. He isn't as bad as he poses himself to be, just trust me," Tobias explained.

"I don't know," I said, truthfully.

"Just give him a chance, let him explain, there's more to him, he just had it bad," Tobias defended him.

"Everyone has had it bad before, it doesn't give him a free pass to kill people whenever he likes," I scoffed at him. That's awful.

"I know, I know, it doesn't, but he needs to know that someone is there for him. You have to be the one who's there for him," Tobias told me.

I just shrugged my shoulders. "He doesn't like me much."

"Give him a chance," Tobias said.

There was a sudden bang heard throughout the house and Tobias got off from the stool, his facial expression was knowing. He knew exactly what was happening.

"What was that?" I asked Tobias.

"Nothing," he answered, quickly. I knew he was lying.

I looked at him sceptically and hesitantly followed the noise. It was louder in the direction to the basement. The scary basement that brings back many memories.

The more steps I've went down I heard screaming and groaning.

"I see, you've missed your payment," I heard a rough voice ask. Giovanni. There was a man tied in the same chair that I was in when I was first kidnapped.