Take me back to the night we met

Taehyung walks along the street looking around at the shops, he sees a magazine he was looking for on the stand and picks one of them turning its pages, then smiles seeing his photo next to Jungkook, though it was his side profile. It was not a full page picture, there were other members too and he was not that clear but definitely could be seen, he pays for the magazine and walks ahead. He decided to use public transport today, not bringing his own car. He left home early so got a lot of time to walk to the agency, he wasn’t tired but the weather was cold and Taehyung could feel it. He didn’t want to come to office today wanted to hug Yeontan and sleep, his dog was so sleepy that it didn’t see him off. Taehyung smiled thinking of it and walked inside the building, greeting on the way to the known faces. He sighs as he enters his office, taking off his coat and muffler sliding the magazine on desk he goes ahead to make tea for him, he looks at his schedule, marking important things, and also marks a day on the calendar, his face drops looking at the date finding it not so far away, he fiddles with the marker, taking a deep sigh he puts everything on the desk and pours the tea in a cup sitting on his chair. He takes a look at the photo in the magazine again, taking out a scissor from the drawer he cuts out the photo carefully, giving it another thorough look he folds it and takes out his wallet keeping the photo inside it safely. This photo will make him remember his best days, a proof that this is all real and not a dream.

Taehyung checks his phone when it starts ringing, seeing the known number he quickly picks up the phone “Hana?” he asks surprised. “Everything alright?”

The girl from other side of the line speaks in a soft voice “Thanks for asking and remembering me always” she says sarcastically.

Taehyung smiles cheekily “I…was busy” He could feels other rolling her eyes at this.

“Busy..and what about the person you asked about, aren’t you going ask his son to visit him, we also need some papers to be signed by him” Taehyung was tapping on the table thinking of things as she mentioned the person.

“It will take time, he is not yet ready” He answers truthfully.

“What do you mean not ready? That man is not in good condition, I check up on him myself and he really doesn’t have much time, Taehyung, you should hurry up” Taehyung’s fingers stops, he sucks in air hearing it.

“But you said-“

“That was before, but he is being acting crazily now and his latest reports are really bad” Hana answers, she is the nurse in the hospital where Jungkook’s father is admitted in and looks after him.

“See I don’t know what it is but when you enquired of him, I thought it was really important to you and the way you work I am sure it is, so do it sooner I just thought to inform you….there is nobody else for him” she stops as there goes an announcement that Taehyung doesn’t pay attention to, his eyes moving to the calendar and then at the schedule on the diary, he chews his lips thinking hard “Listen I got to go it is urgent, just wanted to inform you, take care” she hangs up. 

Hana and Taehyung became friends when he practiced in the hospital she is working in, unfortunately her own mother was not in good shape and Taehyung helped her, she is always grateful for that and keeps in contact with him, ready to help if needed. She knows of things that Taehyung doesn’t talk about and witnessed too. Taehyung doesn’t talk to her much afraid of the past coming in their conversation and she doesn’t blame him, keeping the matter out.