Prologue

Park Jimin wriggles in his chair, he is a smart, handsome man in his early thirties, hair gelled properly exposing his forehead, they were pink colored making him look different among the people present there, he wore a formal attire but topped it with a gold chain, chanel locket dangling from his neck, sitting next to him is his partner Kim Namjoon who is a tall guy who looked more relaxed than him, hair freshly got military cut, his one arm bears tattoos that were half covered by the sleeve folded up to his elbow, eyes trained on the people in the room with cameras and notepads, he looks fairly handsome and young for somebody to be in his early thirties. It was not like Jimin has never seen his partner or friends on stage, he had seen more difficult days than this but he was nervous nonetheless, for his brother (not blood related) who had all the attention today sitting on the platform with few other people and passing a suppressed smile to him to let him know that things are good. Kim Seokjin smiles as the person next to him, his publisher pat's his back and congratulates him while he patiently waits for the conference to begin, already having a jittery feeling with all the eyes trained on them, their friends were not with them as they used to be, he sighs as Namjoon gives him a thumbs up with softness on his face assuring things will go fine showing him how he is holding onto Jimin's hand who was blushing with the act now.

Seokjin elder than the two, takes a deep breath and exhales, looking towards the camera as the speaker on the podium starts with the greetings and introductions. He was in a press conference of the newly released book “Lovelorn” written by him, which did wonders and became a best seller in just a week of it being published, so to celebrate its worldwide success a conference was organized and that’s how he finds himself there totally not expecting the outcome, and drags his brother and friend too for supporting him. The speaker congratulates him for the success of the book, telling the stats and demands the book is getting, he calls Seokjin to give an insight of the book and the story behind the wonderful idea, who nods standing up, a little hesitant as he brushes off the crease on his suit and slowly takes the steps towards the podium, bowing at the media and people present there before adjusting the mic to his level, he is a fairly handsome and gorgeous man with a bright personality, his features emitting the radiance, clad in blue suit that does justice with his physique and skin tone, he caught eyes of everyone present there not just by his work but by his looks too. He glances at the poster of his book's cover page, a person holding mic in his hand and head thrown back as he sings, the background was dark him lighting as an angel in between flashes of camera, as he sings for a huge crowd, wearing a light colored jeans, and a tank top, hair long and fluffy, it is a reminisce of old times, him being part of that crowd or back stage hearing the loud cheering of the crowd, calling names of his friends , the good old days, that taught him so well. He settles his gaze back to the people sitting there, in their reserved places, quite crowded than he expected, he didn't expect much in first place but his gut said that from the beginning, Jimin's too when they thought of the idea of giving this a try.

“Hello, I am Kim Seokjin, I am very grateful to the people for making the book best seller also a huge thanks to my publisher who believed in my writing and helped me with this, without him I would had to struggle from place to place (he earns a thumbs up from the man) it was not easy to write down about something that you have witnessed from side lines, it was very difficult, sometimes just remembering it brought tears to my eyes, those were our best days, carefree to say most, I would like to thank my brother Park Jimin who supported me with the idea and friend Kim Namjoon with the help of whom I was able to write about the life of a rockstar in more details and vividly, I think it's his and my other friends' guidance that I was able to do justice to the book, when Jimin proposed me the idea of writing this book I didn’t took him seriously, he used to ask me to fill in the details of our friends experiences, I recalled all the memories together and the only thing I could say is I miss those days, my friends, their band. This story is real to those who love music, live with it, have witnessed their idols and wondered what it's been like living life of the person singing on the stage, I think that adds to the reason why this book is being gaining popularity though at the time of writing I was just a mess of thoughts and emotions, I really tried to do justice to portray the life of the people in the story, we face so many challenges in life but the winner is one who smiles through those challenges, and does what is to be done, what was expected of him, though this story shows certain aspects that are not according to the principles and norms of our society but I really am happy and thankful to the readers and critics for liking the book and giving it a go and much needed love in making it a huge success. Lovelorn is for all those who love unconditionally” he glances at Jimin and Namjoon who were smiling brightly at him with teary eyes. "I don’t know what else to say, you can ask the questions.” he continues.