Keep Yourself Alive

Taehyung enters Jungkook’s place, it was tidy and shining as before, he walks and sits on the sofa while Jungkook lies down on the other.

“If you want something you can take it on your own” he says closing his eyes.

It was awkward sitting there but he didn’t expect Jungkook to just enter and lie down on sofa,“Who takes care of this place?” Taehyung asks, after some thinking, making Jungkook glance at him.

“There are maids but no full time, I like it that way”

“I thought you felt lonely” Taehyung looks back at Jungkook “Why not keep a butler full time?”

“I am not always at home, what’s the use, most of my nights spends in office, we have to go abroad time to time or have a tight schedule where we barely sleep so coming home is not a daily thing, that something we wish but only common people do” Jungkook answers lazily “Though hyungs often take some time off from schedule and visit their families, I have none so….office is better”

“That gives more reason to have one, you will have them, they will take care of you, your place will look full” Taehyung looks at the fruits on the table, they looked fresh and wondered who might have brought them.

Jungkook sits back “Why are we discussing it?” he asks. Taehyung nods looking around again, his eyes fixed now on the beautiful chandelier illuminating the hall.

“You are right, there should be appropriate time for different things to be discussed, it is just I don’t know the schedule of that” He says sarcastically looking back at Jungkook. 

Jungkook laughs mocking him and lies back on the sofa “You have seen now that I am fine, isn’t that enough”

“No, Doc Jung predicted it before that you can attempt self harm again, but to this degree” Taehyung shakes his head “We were still not trying to think too far, he told me inform him and I did and I am telling you this because we want to know what is making you go to this extent, I think you are hiding something, did something happen” Taehyung asks.

Jungkook remains quiet, he turns other side making Taehyung face his back “I am sleepy” Jungkook says. His actions were normal like he didn’t do anything big, he was about to take his life but was acting casually that really scared Taehyung, depression makes a person dead inside and Jungkook is already dealing it since long, Taehyung feels pity and helpless at the moment. He stands up looks around opening doors to room and finds Jungkook’s bedroom, he picks up the duvet bringing it back and covering Jungkook with it.  Jungkook turns to look at him in surprise “What are you doing?” he asks.

Taehyung doesn’t answer  wraps him up in it and just sits back on another sofa they were quite spacious and big, Jungkook turns to face him “Why are you always being so nice to me, it is suspicious” He enquires.

“Hmmm…you are right” Taehyung says as he touches the fabric of the sofa “It is suspicious but don’t worry I have no alter motives, though I may be a little selfish” Jungkook raises his eyebrows at that.

“You were not wrong when you once said I may be doing it to repent for my mistake or recuperate” Taehyung looks down at his fingers. “We all have our reasons” he looks back.

“What kind of life have you been living, I sometimes get curious” Jungkook’s gaze fixes on him looking him from top to bottom.

Taehyung looks away not liking the way he was being looked at “I thought you were sleepy”