Endless Love

A ten year old boy walks across the street with six men following behind him, he turns from time to time to look at them and his cheeks redden more as they smile to him. He was just a local boy running an errand for his father who told him to let these six men to the house the boy goes often, because the doctor there is good and also he gives the boy sweets each time, the boy was glad to help his father in some way. The place they were now was a small town, and it took the group quite an effort to reach here, it was cold, the mountains looked so beautiful and the people around so lively, they felt good walking here. It was tiring for them sitting in the car for hours so they decided to take a walk and reach the place with the enthusiastic kid leading them, he was quite an energetic child and his rosy cheeks made him look cuter. 

“Does he really know the way?” Jin asks looking at his companions.

“We should trust him, he knows where he is going” Yoongi answers as they take a turn from the market where passersby were glancing at them with interest and after taking more turns and up the slope they finally reach a small house where the boy stops and opens the main gate with a loud noise, it was a cottage, with a beautiful garden.  Looking around at the place Jimin asks the boy “Is this the place he lives?” the house looked simple and quite empty as they enter inside with only essential furniture and things in it.

“This is the best one here, my father gave him the best one and he is always thankful for it” The group look at the almost empty house again then at the boy, nodding to him. 

“I am happy” Jimin says as they look around a bit more. Taehyung's loneliness is evident in the place.

"Appa says doc is not like us he just comes home to sleep and eat most of the time, rest he spends walking, sitting alone, looking after people here and helping in farms too, I heard him say that doc doesn't look happy and misses his family so I make him happy by spending time with him" the boy tells them, they glance at each other then at the place.

"So lonely yet he stayed away" Jimin says feeling sad and angry at Taehyung.

"He has been to many places brought gifts for me too, he is my favourite" the little boy smiles cheerfully.

Namjoon walks towards the bookshelf and smiles seeing one of the book cover.

“Jin hyung your work is really famous, one copy is here too” Others walk to it too, picking up the book looking at it and back at the shelf with some magazines, they smile then turn to Jungkook who was there with them but was staring at the kid, his hair was not tied to a bun anymore, it had been cut, his hands were in the pocket of his long coat, unbuttoned to reveal his black high neck and blue jeans, he looked like a model, he removes his mask and stares back at the boy looking at him with furrowed brows.

They shake their head and Hoseok reaches for the small photo frame of Jimin and Jin kept on table “This really is his place, Jungkook was right” Hoseok says sitting on the sofa.

“Where is he?” Jungkook asks the boy ignoring Hoseok, leaning forward to come face to face with the boy. The boy gasps backing away “I have seen you before” he says mouth agape. Jungkook raises his brow at that “You recognize me?”

The boy nods several times “You look like the one in the home screen of Doc’s mobile, when I play games in it I see it every time” Jungkook widens his eyes at that murmuring to himself “He remembers me” he then turns to others present their happiness and longing flickering through his face. He controls himself and was about to enquire more but stops hearing the sound of gate being opened again, the next moment they all look at the door when a familiar voice reaches their ears.