When you love someone

It has been three days since Taehyung is at home barely coming out of his room. Jimin and Jin tries to talk to him but Taehyung doesn’t even look at them his eyes only towards the window either watching the stars or the daylight, sometimes he would write something in his journal, would eat a little of what is served and sleep there, Jin sighs watching Taehyung sleeping, covering him and looking at the way he was torturing himself again but he was helpless, Taehyung was not talking much, he was not even going to his work. 

On fourth day Hana calls him telling him of the passing away of Mr.Jeon. He asks her if she informed Jungkook about this only to hear that he was not picking up the phone, he himself tries but gets no response, tired, frustrated and defeated with everything Taehyung also leaves the situation as it is. 

Day after he looks at the calendar lazily walking towards it, his eyes moves to the date reminding him of the letter that is kept in his office desk drawer stating He did his job well, the company is more than happy for him being the part of it but his contract is ending and they would not stop him from achieving his dreams and wishes him best luck for future endeavors. Taehyung was not surprised when he received the letter, expecting it one day but now when the day is so near he wishes to have some more time, but as if God likes to see him in pain, lost in his thought he doesn't notice when the door to his room opened only until he feels something touching his legs and looks down to see Yeontan rubbing his head on his master's leg, looking up at him, full of energy. Taehyung sits down on the floor picking him up, bringing closer to his face, Yeontan starts licking his face as he gets the chance sensing Taehyung's sadness, trying to cheer him up. Taehyung smiles as the little fur ball rubs itself on him. It felt like Yeontan missed him very much and also felt his pain. Taehyung chuckles seeing him settle on his lap, his tears starts falling again as he rubs the dark hair of the Pomeranian, he takes off his glasses wiping his tears but cries more trying to hide his face in his arm. Yeontan makes a sound like a whine trying to jump and gain his attention not wanting his master to cry or be in pain, the dog whines again licking on the hand. Jin and Jimin watching the scene from the small opening of the door couldn’t contain their emotions too, they thought it would be good to send Yeontan there but who would have known it to be so devastating to watch, Jin wipes his tears too while Jimin just leaves the place not able to look anymore, sobs leaving his mouth, they just pray for things to get better for Taehyung.

Next day, Taehyung gets up early, takes a shower, wears a suit, does his hair and walks out to meet his brothers having breakfast with them, he even feeds the two apologizing for making them worry for him, they smile and talk like they used to do, with Taehyung mostly listening, he then leaves for the office. 

______________

Jungkook knocks on the door before entering in Taehyung’s room, and gets in as he is called, he had his hair untied falling on his shoulders, wavy and dark, he looked just like the time when Taehyung first met him, acting cool with no care of world and people around him, he sits crushing the cigarette butt on the desk. Taehyung looks at the cigarette the back at Jungkook, sighing internally “How are you? Didn’t receive any of my calls” he asks, starting the conversation.

“Doc Jung told me I have improved, as for other things” He makes eye contact with Taehyung “ You must be calling me to tell the news of my father”

“It was not only this that I wanted to say” Taehyung says tired of giving reasons for everything he does.

“I want to get over with it, just do whatever tests you want to I know I will be fine” Jungkook looks away playing with the ring in his finger. Taehyung says nothing, he opens files taking out some sheets and bundling them up. Jungkook watches him, sees the dark circles under his eyes and not a hint of smile which used to be present there often during the past few months, the dull face and no enthusiasm in talking to him, he feels something is off and a sting occurs in his heart but Jungkook says nothing. He looks at the questionnaire as Taehyung hands him the sheets explaining him what to do.