Hard to say I am sorry

Jimin rolls his eyes, tired of watching the way Taehyung was killing his food with his fork, not a piece of it had reached his mouth yet, he had brutally shredded the egg in pieces, even the little tannie was afraid to go near his dad. Jin looks smugly at Jimin. It was Jimin's turn to cook and Jin was teasing his cooking being the reason for Taehyung's behavior, Jimin hurt by the mockery wanted to fight but both the brothers flinches as Taehyung speaks all of a sudden.

“I hate it” Taehyung says abruptly still looking at his plate.

"See I told you" Jin mouths at Jimin who ignores him turning to look at Taehyung again.

“No, you always love eggs so stop killing it” Jimin says frowning.

“You know what I am talking about” Taehyung sighs dropping his fork on the plate looking at both of them.

Jimin and Jin doesn’t know much but they can guess, they for sure knows Taehyung though and knows it’s better to be quiet and just listen to him, this is the only way he will speak his heart out. Taehyung reached home late the previous night, he looked mess and troubled, they both wanted to talk to him but he shut himself in his room making them worry so Jimin decided to prepare dishes that are Taehyung's favourite to brighten his mood not expecting him to act that way, they were patiently waiting to know the reason.

Taehyung sighs “I may have accidentally observed him” his voice was laced with guilt, Jimin looks at him questioningly.

"Who?" Jimin asks, Jin quietens him kicking him on the leg, below the table subtle enough for Taehyung to notice, glaring him to stop asking questions.

“But that’s your job Taehyungie” Jin says trying to make Taehyung feel good.

“Yeah, but not judging him, I thought of leaving that habit when-“ Jimin pats Taehyung palm holding it in his small one.

“Nobody is blaming you, is this the reason you look so off?” Jin says.

Taehyung shakes his head “No, I may have made a promise to myself to go out of my way to help him” Jimin gapes.

“Tae” he almost whines sadly.

“I am sorry” he feels himself more small and the brothers pities him.

“Hey! Look here, there is nothing wrong to do so, you made mistake and learned from it, it is not necessary that they will repeat again, okay, all of us are not same ” Taehyung nods a little “And as I have told you earlier, maybe things will turn out good, maybe this is your chance to turn things right, you need to get out of that memories” he pats Taehyung’s palm, other just smiles a little.

“I just hope so” Taehyung says. “I am just scared something is going on in his mind" he looks at the two "something horrible"

“That may be just your assumption” Jin sighs.

“His eyes says it” Taehyung murmurs.

“Look Tae, if you feel like this job is burdening you or making you feel sick you can stop it, nobody is forcing you, that contract can suck itself” Jimin looks tensed, clearly worried for his friend.

“Then what about the inside information of Namjoon, don’t tell me later you regret suggesting me to back off” Jimin smiles, a sad one.