I am still standing

Taehyung opens the shower looking at the water falling from it and bends his head to let the water soak him wet, the water falls on his body, his hair gets wet in no time, he rubs his eyes-

“So does that mean me and Sia….” Jungkook doesn’t complete his sentence.

“Tell me Jungkook, I am here for you” Taehyung says patiently.

Jungkook chuckles dryly hearing this, “I wish I could be stronger like you to refrain myself from feeling these things” 

Taehyung couldn’t maintain eye contact “Jungkook I am not strong but I try to be, to fight the obstacles on my way, from my point of view you have done many things that I would have only dreamt of”

“It is all good from other side but once you enter this life you start missing your old one, your freedom, it is difficult to be a public figure, you can’t do anything of your choice, you have to maintain an ideal image, you….” Jungkook gulps “You can’t even fall in love, date without being criticized or being the subject of people to hate.” Taehyung had nothing to say to this because he knew this is the truth.

“Sometimes I felt if my dad really loved mom, or did she loved him, I wanted a family, a normal one and we had I thought we did, but it was all just my imagination” tears trickle down Jungkook’s eyes, he wipes it aggressively. “Sia and I we at least listen to each other, I feel like I can tell her things that haunts me, she may not give advice like you, she has a different attitude towards life but she is there to understand, is not that what we need to love, is not that is all we want, nobody could hold up to me but she did, if you have not been there she will still be there for me and in this lonely life of mine apart from my hyungs she is the only one, I can’t be with them all the time” Jungkook wipes his nose.

Taehyung doesn’t realize when along with water the tears roll down his cheeks, he takes deep breaths-

“And can you be with her all the time? Does she reciprocate your feelings? Isn’t it her work to give you time in exchange of money or to listen to whatever you say?” Taehyung asks.

“Mr. Kim you are crossing your line” Jungkook says rather rudely, showing his anger, Taehyung doesn’t mind it, he looks at the melted ice-creams, not having an appetite to eat anymore.

“ I may have crossed line but I know how it feels to be left alone, I know how it feels to be not in love and how it feels to wait and also when to move on” Taehyung makes Jungkook look at him, his eyes reddened with tears makes Taehyung look away.

“There were two best friends Byeol and Yejun, their families were also very close to each other, everybody knew them, they were quite famous in their school, Yejun was very studious and Byeol a sweetheart, both were head boy and head girl of school, she was beautiful, a girl that boys wanted to date but were afraid to approach, moreover these two were already famous as a couple in school, like your school romance novels, they were idols, students wanted to be like them, have a partner like them.

Yejun’s family were very traditional, they had their roots belonging to king’s descendents so inspite of not being direct heir in the tree they still followed those traditional beliefs and saved their culture, Byeol’s family on the other hand were of mixed culture but they were very rich and reputed so overall everything surrounding them was good, their family like their school mates believed that the children are in love and wanted them to get married as soon as they come of age. They never asked the boy and girl, the girl though obviously was in love and used to tell it to the school proudly the boy never said anything about it but didn’t even denied it. Everyone thought he is the shy one among them.