/Chapter 27/

//Amy p.o.v//

I went back to school today. I really didn't want to but I have to keep my grades up. I was putting my stuff into my locker and then closed it, I turned around an headed for my first class, I would normally bump into Rebecca right about now. Her funeral is tomorrow, me and Lauren are aloud to take tomorrow off with Calum and Luke.
I got to English and sat on the floor outside the classroom, waiting for the bell even though it wasn't for like another 20 minutes. I was really dreading tomorrow, I'm not ready to say goodbye to her just now. It's too early.
I was sat there on the floor hugging my books tightly, when I felt someone come and sit next to me.

"Hi" the person said.

"Hi" I said still not looking up.

"How are you?" He asked

"Fine" I replied bluntly.

"That's cool.." he then said and started to drum his fingers on his knees and started to him a song. I recognised those long fingers. Without looking up at his face I shot up dropping my books.

"Ashton..." I whispered as he got up too, I started to back up away from him.

"I'm not gonna touch you" he told me getting up and smiling.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled , I picked up my books and my bag and started to run. I could hear him call my name and run after me but I ignored him and kept running until I got outside. I found a nice quiet spot on the grass and sat there. I took out my phone and listened to some quiet music, it wasn't too loud that I couldn't hear anything.
I then heard my name being called and thought it was Ashton. I gasped pulling my ear phones out my ears and looking up. I gasped with relief that it wasn't him.

"Luke!" I gasped pulling him in for a tight hug.

"Where have you been? Everyone's looking for you" he said as we were still in the hug.

"I just needed some space " I told him as we pulled apart.

"Okay, right come on, we have to get to class" he took my bag and I took my books, and he intertwined our fingers together with my other hand.

It was now time to go home, finally. Luke was giving me a ride home again. We were walking down the halls when I heard someone shout my name. I prayed it wasn't Ashton and turned around gripping tightly into Luke's hand. I let out a sigh of relief and loosened the grip I had on Luke's hand when I saw Michael.

"I'll get you outside" I smiled to Luke, he nodded,took my bag and went to his car.

"Hi Amy" Michael said as he walked towards me.

"Hi" I smiled.

"Look, I'm sorry about the fight we had, I shouldn't decide what's happening in your life, and you seem happy with him so I won't interfere." he said

"Thanks Michael and it's okay" I smiled.

"I'm ... I' m sorry about Rebecca by the way" he then said.
I nodded looking down at the floor, and I didn't know I was crying until Michael hugged me.

"Shhh don't cry " he cooed, rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry, I just... I really miss her" I sniffled. He nodded and rubbed my forearm as we pulled apart.

"I'll walk you to Luke's car"

"Thanks" I smiled as he wiped the tears from my face and we walked outside.

--------

It was here, today was the day of Rebecca's funeral. I was up all night writing a song for her, I got about five hours of sleep.
I finally got myself out of bed, taking a quick shower. Once I was dried I put on my underwear and my bra and put on my outfit. It was just a simple black midi dress, a black blazer , and black wedges. I didn't put on any make-up and just straightened my hair down.
I put my guitar in its case, took my black cross over bag and went down stairs placing my guitar by the stairs.

"Morning sweetheart" my mum greeted giving me a hug. She wore a black suit and black heels, her hair done up in a neat bun.

"I'm really dreading today..." I whispered trying to hold back my tears.
"It's gonna be okay sweetheart" my mum assured giving me another hug. As we pulled apart the door went.

"I'll get it" I said and walked to the door and opened it to reveal Luke, wearing black skinny jeans, a black shirt and black converse.

"Hi" he smiled giving me a tight hug.

"Hi" I sniffled through his chest.
"You ready to go?" He asked, I nodded taking my guitar and then shouting on my mum.

When we got to the church there was a lot of people there. Rebecca's parents, her big brother, aunties, uncles and other people I didn't know.
I then spotted Calum and Lauren standing near the door.

"Amy!" She sniffled running towards me, her eyes were bloodshot from crying and had a bunch of tissues in her hand.

"Hey" I smiled as she hugged me "are you okay?" She shook her head and started to cry again before pulling me in for another hug.

"Luke, can you take this in for me please?" I asked Luke giving him my guitar. He nodded before walking in with Calum.

It was time to go in now. Me and Lauren were walking in just before her body was going to be carried in. First it was her parents, then her brother, her grandparents then me and Lauren. We walked down the aisle linking arms, all the way to the third row , were I spotted Calum. I scooted past Calum giving him a small smile, wriggling my way towards Luke who gave me a hug as soon as I got to him.

"It's gonna be okay, babe, it's gonna be okay" he whispered rubbing my back.
I wiped my tears away and turned around to see then place her body on the stand.

"Please be seated" the priest said "we are gathered her today to remember the sweet life of Rebecca Janett Thomas" he then started to say all this other stuff and read verses from the bible, and then, it was my turn.

"And now something from Amy Brittany" he motioned his hands towards me and everyone turned to look at me. I left my mouth open in an 'o' shape, before Luke whispered.

"Good luck" he smiled giving me a kiss on my temple, before I got up.
I walked up to the stage, only hearing the faint clinks from my wedges.

"Um... good morning I'm Amy, I was one of Rebecca's best friends" I started through the microphone "now I was thinking of doing a speech, but I wanted to so something a little different, so I decided to write a song, it's called gone" I sat down at the seat next to the stand took my guitar and started to play.

Do you remember when we young

Not caring about what we done

'Your growing up to fast' my mother said

Take life while you can and make it last

(Oh)

Don't worry 'bout the haters

You'll see them laters

Remember about the past, take the future by the grasp

(Oh)

When we were young, how we would shine

It made everyone smile

Friendship lasting so long

I can't imagine.you.gone

I'm missing you-ou-ou

I was going to continue singing but my voice started to crack.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered. Then Luke came up taking the guitar from my hands placing it on the stand, and then taking me by the waist guiding me back down to the seats.

"I can't... I can't do this Luke" I said tears falling from eyes.

"It's okay..." he kissed my head and rocked me back and forth "it's okay.."