11: On Screen

It was the day Seungcheol was coming over at Jeonghan's house. And while Jeonghan did inform his parents that a classmate was coming over for a school project, he did not tell them who it was exactly. So, Jeonghan and his parents were now busy preparing the house for the arrival of their guest.

"Han, when is your classmate coming?" Jeonghan's mom asked as she carried the groceries to the kitchen.

"He should be here any minute now," Jeonghan assumed.

True enough, a few minutes later, the doorbell rang. Jeonghan rushed from his room and opened the front door, having an idea who it might be.

"Good afternoon, Seungcheol," Jeonghan greeted the person on the other side of the door. "Come in. Come in."

"Good afternoon, Jeonghan. Thanks for inviting me," Seungcheol bowed and entered the premises.

"Mom! Dad! My classmate is here!" Jeonghan shouted.

"We are in the kitchen! Sorry, we are currently busy," his father replied.

Jeonghan brought Seungcheol to the kitchen and saw both of his parents busy with dinner preparations and their backs facing the two males.

"Mom, dad, please meet my classmate, Seungcheol," Jeonghan introduced.

"Seungcheol? I never knew you had a classmate with same name as the Crown Pri-" Jeonghan's mom failed to complete her sentence as soon as she turned around and saw the guest. "Crown Prince Seungcheol?"

"Eh, come on. That's impossible. There is no way Crown Prince Seungch-" his father tried to refute but got cut off when he personally saw who it really was. "C-c-crown P-prince S-seungcheol!"

"Hello, I am Choi Seungcheol, your son's classmate. Thank you for having me over," Seungcheol greeted as soon as they faced him.

"But... how... why..." Jeonghan's father stuttered.

"Crown Prince Seungcheol, please have a seat," Jeonghan's mom offered. "Welcome to our residence."

"It's my pleasure. And please, just call me Seungcheol," Seungcheol courteously responded. "By the way, thank you for allowing Jeonghan to have me stay over for the night."

"It's completely alright. It's for a school project after all," Jeonghan's father rebutted.

"Okay, thank you, mom and dad, for your warm welcome. Now, if you don't mind, Seungcheol and I are going to my room to start working on our project." Jeonghan stated as he dragged Seungcheol out of the kitchen and dining area.

After a flight of stairs and a hallway, they reached Jeonghan's room. It was smaller than Seungcheol's room but still too large for a one-person bedroom.

"I am just curious. You are a Hybrid, right?" Seungcheol faced Jeonghan. "If you don't mind, which of your parents is the vampire?"

"It's my dad. He's an Archetype. Didn't you notice?" Jeonghan asked back.

"Well, vampires are good at hiding our true identities but I just asked to verify."

Settling themselves on the carpeted floor, Jeonghan initiated the work.

"So, I heard from Joshua that you're almost finished with the book."

"Yeah, I only have a couple of pages left," Seungcheol informed Jeonghan.

"In that case, we will finish reading the book this afternoon, eat dinner and then proceed to watching the movie. Is that alright for you?" Jeonghan organized the schedule.