45: Water Activities

Everyone was led by the staff to a huge beach pavilion with an open view of the sea. Each of them placed their things on a safe place while enjoying the sea breeze. The staff began serving the food on the long hardwood table in the middle.

"Please dig in, everyone," the King offered.

"Thank you for the food," the children's loud exclamation echoed.

"By the way, Sungsoo-ssi, sorry to ask but why did you invite the parents over today?" Mrs. Boo asked.

"Well, since our children knew each other so well, I thought it's about time for us parents to meet and know each other," the King explained. "It's my honor to welcome you as future members of the royal family."

"We are really going to be official members of the royal family?" Mrs. Hong choked on her drink.

"Of course. Your sons are my children's soulmates after all. Consider yourself part of the royal family now," the King declared. "Although I do apologize if the title does not really have that many benefits."

"Nonsense. Being an official part of the royal family is a great enough honor in itself," Mingyu's father dismissed.

"Also, thank you for accepting my children to be your son's soulmates," the King bowed.

As the parents were talking, the thirteen were jumping in a circle formation.

"Holi Holi Holi... Holi Holi Holiday!" the thirteen shouted as they jump around in circles.

"Look at the kids. They look so happy with each other," Mrs. Yoon cooed as she leaned into her husband's side.

"By the way, Sungsoo-ssi, it might be a little sensitive, but how about the Princes' biological parents?" Minghao's mom asked.

"Ah, yes. Unfortunately, except for Seungcheol's, their human parents, and siblings if any, died naturally due to old age. After I turned everyone into a Paragon to neutralize the Barbarian bite on them, I offered their families to become Paragons as well. Sadly, their families all refused the offer and entrusted them to me. The kids understood their families' decision though. Meanwhile, I have no idea about Seungcheol's biological mother although his father and brother are distant relatives of mine. Unfortunately, after surviving a huge number of Barbarians suddenly invading their village nearly three centuries ago, Seungcheol's father decided to stop using his Age Deceleration ability and he died with old age. Seungcheol's older brother got a human soulmate and decided to deactivate his Age Deceleration to live a full life with his significant other. Fulfilling the final wishes of his father, I raised Seungcheol like my own son."

"I can't believe those kids got this sad past considering how cheerful they are," Chan's mother sympathized.

"Well, I still feel guilty for the fact that I could have convinced their parents to live longer. I feel like I am a huge failure," the King revealed.

"No need to feel guilty, Sungsoo-ssi. There is nothing you can do about it. It was their parents' decision," Joshua's mother consoled.

"How about your soulmate, Sungsoo-ssi?" Mr. Boo asked.

"Well, my wife was a human. Although, we did have a good relationship, she had problems with her chromosomes so she was infertile. I tried to fix it by transforming her into a vampire but she declined. She died centuries before I adopted Seungcheol," the King narrated.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for asking," Mr. Boo apologized.

"It's okay. Everything has reason, I guess," the King smiled a little.