57: Battle Royal: Part 2

Wonwoo was trailing a vampire which he positively identified as one of the Moissanite princes. In order to stop the vampire in their tracks, Wonwoo stomped and made the ground in front of the vampire rise up into a wall; his eyes glowing in Chili Pepper red as he activated his Geokinesis. With his pathway blocked, the vampire halted and looked back, only to see Wonwoo with his arms crossed on his chest. They finally came face to face near a lake in the middle of Fear Forest.

"It seems you have stopped me from advancing forward," the Moissanite royalty said. "Nice to meet you. I am Myungdae, one of the Moissanite princes."

"I am not here for pleasantries," Wonwoo simply stated.

"Very well then. Let us begin our battle."

Myungdae began generating sand from his body. Soon, Myungdae created a mini-desert around his area. After he deemed he had enough sand, Myungdae began manipulating the sand and attacked Wonwoo. In retaliation, Wonwoo flung chunks of earth. The two attacks cancelled each other. Without missing a beat, Wonwoo made the ground open up in various directions. Although Myungdae was able to escape the fissures, the other underling vampires who was waiting to ambush Wonwoo was swallowed up by the earth.

"Impressive," Myungdae praised.

"You haven't seen nothing yet," Wonwoo claimed.

"I am trembling with anticipation," Myungdae cackled.

Myungdae made waves of sand rush toward Wonwoo. For defense, Wonwoo easily raised earth in front of him, effectively slicing the waves in half and redirecting the sand to his sides. Wonwoo then made his earth barrier move forward in high speeds. Myungdae coated his feet with sand for better mobility, allowing him to dodge the attack effortlessly. Myungdae, then, surrounded Wonwoo with a dome of sand and caused it to implode. Expecting a direct hit, Myungdae began to laugh menacingly. However, when the dust cleared off, only a hole on the ground was left in Wonwoo's previous position.

"Where are you! Show yourself!" Myungdae demanded.

"I'm here," Wonwoo's disembodied voice bellowed.

Seemingly following instructions, Wonwoo reappeared behind Myungdae from the earth and threw sharp rocks to Myungdae. This time, the attack landed squarely on Myungdae's back and was able to deal damage to the Moissanite.

"Allow me to return the favor," Myungdae irritatingly blurted out.

Myungdae stretched his hand; Wonwoo was anticipating for a full frontal assault but was surprised when he began sinking down. Myungdae conjured an ant pit right under his feet.

"Sink to your doom, your majesty," Myungdae sarcastically sneered.

As Wonwoo was slowly sinking down to the bottom, all he felt around him was sand. He was running out of ideas on how to escape from the ant pit until he remembered his particular date with Mingyu. They were out to watch the movie "Aladdin" but the most adorable and memorable part for Wonwoo was the way Mingyu was ranting about something irrelevant. But now it seemed Mingyu's "irrelevant" idea may be put into use.

Closing his eyes, Wonwoo concentrated. Myungdae, who was happily laughing at Wonwoo's impending demise, froze when Wonwoo suddenly began rising up from the ant pit.

"What is happening?" Myungdae panicked.

Myungdae was frozen in shock until Wonwoo successfully pulled himself out of the ant pit. Losing his composure, Myungdae began throwing balls sand to Wonwoo but, unfortunately, they were not making direct contact. The sand merely floated a few inches around Wonwoo. Taking inspiration, Wonwoo stomped his feet on the ground and the earth in their immediate shook violently. Right then, Myungdae began sinking into the ground.

"What is this?" Myungdae exclaimed in fright. He was slowly sinking in the earth.

"Liquefaction," Wonwoo stated. "By manipulating the earth to loosen up and with the help of the water from the lake, I was able to simulate soil liquefaction."

"But how? How did this happen? Nobody was able to escape my ant pit technique before," Myungdae's final words before the liquid-behaving ground completely enveloped and suffocated him.

"Sand is just fine, loose earth, am I right, Gyu?" Wonwoo smiled as remembered what Mingyu was ranting about the movie while looking down on the spot where Myungdae sank.

Soonyoung, meanwhile, was searching for a Moissanite prince in a clearing when his body suddenly ruptured in random places. Soonyoung fell on his knees from the unexpected attack.

"What's wrong, prince? Did not see it coming?" the vampire Soonyoung was looking for emerged from the shadows. "I am Kwangho by the way, one of the Moissanite princes."

"What did you do to me?" Soonyoung mumbled.

"Elementary, Prince Soonyoung. I used sound to make your body vibrate faster, rupturing your body in certain places," Kwangho explained. "Now, shall we continue?"

Kwangho returned to the shadows, hiding himself. Soonyoung also did the same and took the battle back to the forest where there were more trees to act as a barrier.

"It's no use, Prince Soonyoung. I can use my power to find you easily through echolocation," Kwangho cackled.

True enough, Kwangho was able to continuously barrage Soonyoung with sound attacks. On contrary, Soonyoung was not able to fire an attack to Kwangho. To make matters worse for Soonyoung, underling vampires were attacking him left and right. Although taking them out was fairly easy, the distraction caused by the underlings allowed Kwangho to land well-timed attacks to Soonyoung. After pushing himself despite his injuries, Soonyoung once again fell on one knee after Kwangho's last attack.

"Why do I have to face this one? Out of all the Moissanite princes out there, I get to have the one with Sonokinesis," Soonyoung talked to himself. "Why is Ji not here? Ji is the expert when it comes to music and anything sound-related."

But then, as Soonyoung was thinking on how things could have been better if his soulmate was on his side at this very moment, Soonyoung recalled a fact Jihoon told him one time. On the day Mingyu manifested his power, the two of them were at the music room when he complained about how cold it was. It was then when Jihoon told him a very useful fact; one he was planning to use right now.

"Ready to raise the white flag, Prince Soonyoung?" Kwangho mocked.

"I am not the one giving up; that would be you," Soonyoung smirked with his newfound confidence.

Soonyoung concentrated but did not move a muscle; his eyes were glowing Tigerlily orange behind his eyelids. Kwangho fired slightly visible waves of sound but to his surprise, instead of hitting, the sound bent upward and away from Soonyoung. The attack missed Soonyoung by a hairbreadth. Soonyoung rejoiced at the success of his plan.

"Thank goodness it worked!" Soonyoung declared.

'What did you do?" Kwangho demanded.

"Simple. I think it's called Sound Refraction. I manipulated the air's temperature to my advantage. I made the air around us hotter while I made the air above us colder. The difference in air temperature have caused the sound to bend upwards," Soonyoung elaborated. "And now, it's my turn"

Soonyoung snapped his fingers. A dome of air was surrounding Kwangho. Kwangho immediately felt the effects of the dome.

"W-w-what... i-is... t-t-this?" Kwnagho managed to pant out.

"It's a dome completely devoid of air and even oxygen," Soonyoung explained. "You might be vampire, but a vampire still needs to breathe."

And so with the lack of air in his system, Kwangho blacked out to his demise and turned into ash.

"Thank you, Ji. You saved me this time," Soonyoung muttered.