18: Soulmate Bonding

The next morning, everyone was present in Section Rose Quartz. The soulmate couples were already flirting with each other while the others – Jessi, Chungha, Jieun, Zico, Sunmi, Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Joshua – were just peacefully sitting in the love-filled atmosphere. The romance was slightly broken though when Mr. Park entered the classroom.

"Good morning, class. Please settle down. We will be having our second Fatumics session today," Mr. Park announced.

Section Rose Quartz scrambled to their seats. Everyone was excited for their Fatumics class especially since the last topic was very informative.

"Today, we are going to talk about Soulmate Bonding," Mr. Park started the class.

"Soulmate Bonding?" Mingyu reiterated.

"Okay. Soulmate Bonding is like the cherry on top for that bowl of ice cream we call our soulmates."

"Now, in order to explain to this..." — Mr. Park took a glance around the room — "... okay, all those who have found their soulmates, please raise their hands."

As per instructions, everyone expected Wonwoo and Mingyu and the "Dreamies" soulmate squad to raise their hands. But everyone got quite surprised when Seokmin and Chan, Vernon and Seungkwan, Jun and Minghao, Jihoon and Soonyoung and even Jieun raised their hands.

"Oh, I see we have more soulmate pairs now than the last time," Mr. Park noticed. "I can also see that in addition to Prince Wonwoo, Princes Vernon, Seokmin, Junhui and Soonyoung also got their soulmates already. May I ask who they are?"

"My soulmate is Haohao right here," Jun patted Minghao's shoulder.

"It's Lee Chan," Seokmin said with a huge smile.

"Mine is Seungkwan, sir," Vernon simply stated.

"Well, my soulmate is none other than my precious hot chili pepper, Jihoon," Soonyoung just revealed out of nowhere. Jihoon's face blushed red.

"WHAT?" the rest of their circle of friends exclaimed.

"Yup. We just found out yesterday when we were doing our Music assignment in the garden," Soonyoung recalled.

"Curious... very curious..." Mr. Park mumbled. "How about you, Jieun?"

"He's a human and he is the general manager of Moon Hotel," Jieun shyly answered.

"Moon Hotel? The kingdom's only five-star hotel?" Chenle blurted out. Jieun only nodded.

"Now, like I said, Soulmate Bonding is the cherry on top to your soulmate relationship. Imagine it like the icing on the cake, the bow on the gift or the star in the Christmas tree." Mr. Park explained. "To put it on simpler terms, if the merging of your marks is the engagement, then Soulmate Bonding is the pseudo-matrimony of some sort."

"How do you get bonded to your soulmate?" Mingyu asked.

"Now, anyone can remember what triggers the merging of your marks?"

"The first time you lied to your eventual soulmate," Mark answered.

"Very good. Now, Soulmate Bonding also has it's triggers," Mr. Park started elaborating. "First requirement is that, of course, your marks have already merged. As for the second requirement, it varies depending on what type of soulmates are you."

"What do you mean, sir?" Jihoon inquired.

"Technically, there are three types of soulmate pairs: Human-to-Human, Vampire-to-Human and Vampire-to-Vampire," Mr. Park enumerated.