43: Two in One

"What just happened?" Jeonghan asked no one in particular.

"That is a good question," Joshua managed to mutter.

"How did my ice ball bounce away from Jeonghan-hyung? Not that I mind though," Jihoon mumbled.

"Add that to the fact that the power boost is back. How very peculiar," Sungwoon of WANNABLE tilted his head.

"Daniel-ya, did you activate your Augmentation field?" Chanyeol of ERI questioned.

"No, hyung. I haven't activated my Projection today," Daniel of WANNABLE replied.

"Now, that's strange. This is certainly the effect of Augmentation. I am sure of it," Kris of ERI theorized.

"But who? Daniel did not use his powers and nobody left the area, right?" Yoongi of ARMY joined the conversation. The mystery caught everyone's attention.

"Uhm... actually... I left for a short while. I had to use the bathroom," Jeonghan slightly raised his hand.

"Curious. Very curious," the King murmured.

"I think Jeonghan is the cause of this power boost," Kris of ERI concluded. "His eyes are glowing after all."

"If you are saying that Jeonghan-hyung is the cause, then does that mean his power already manifested and he is a full Paragon now?" Seungkwan needed some clarification.

"Prince Seungcheol, when did you bite Jeonghan to turn him into a Paragon?" Seongwu of WANNABLE asked.

"I bit both Jeonghan and Joshua the day after the Super Blue Blood Moon which was two weeks ago," Seungcheol recalled.

"Then, the timing is just right. Jeonghan could be manifesting his powers and considering the Chan's and Woozi's power went awry when he came back from the bathroom, it could be Augmentation," Baekhyun of ERI speculated.

"That makes sense. Since, Jeonghan was there when I teleported all twenty-six of them to Hall University. I was thinking how could I do that without experiencing much fatigue. It must be his Augmentation," Hoseok of ARMY remembered.

"But if that were true, how could Ji's ice ball bounce away from Jeonghan-hyung?" Soonyoung pointed out.

"That is a fair point," Jimin from ARMY said.

"I guess I should fetch my fellow Mystics, huh? Meet us in the throne room," Minhyun instructed. "Kuanlin-ya, teleport me to the other Mystics."

"Mystic Headquarters," Kuanlin waved his hand on Minhyun's direction and Minhyun teleported away.

"For the meantime, let us postpone all trainings and let us proceed to the throne room," the King stated.

A few minutes after they gathered in the throne room, the Mystics teleported in with Minhyun holding a big book.

"Sorry, we took a while. We had to find that book," Aron explained.

"What book is that?" Seungcheol's curiosity was roused by a book he hadn't seen before.

"Oh, this is Light I: Power Codex. It's a comprehensive book thattackles magical powers. It contains entries that contain information aboutpowers. We thought we might need this for Jeonghan's case," JR replied. "It's a book writtenby the second seer of the Hallyu Kingdom. The book was given to King Sungsoowhen Carat Kingdom became an official member of the Arcanus Alliance during the 2nd meeting."

"Oh, how interesting," Seungcheol cooed at the interesting book. "But if you don't mind, can you check up my soulmate now?"

"Sure," Minhyun started. "According to what I have seen and experienced, a power boost was felt when Jeonghan was around and an ice ball bounced away from Jeonghan."

Minhyun flipped the book open and searched the book from cover to cover quickly.

"So, I have found two powers that fit the description," Minhyun announced. "First is, as expected, Augmentation. It is the ability to make the powers and abilities of oneself and others stronger. The second one is Deflection. It is an extremely rare ability to deflect all kinds of supernatural powers that are used against the wielder or fired towards the wielder's direction using a shield that generates usually from the wielder's hands."

"So, which is Jeonghan-hyung's power?" Vernon went straight to the point.

"He has both, apparently," Baekho responded.

"Is that even possible?" Jun blurted out.

"Yes, it is possible although it is a rare occurrence," Minki elaborated. "The only other case we personally know of having multiple powers is ERI's Kyungsoo. He has Shielding, Super Strength and Geokinesis. Technically, Elementalism, both Prince Seungcheol and WANNABLE'S Jinyoung's power, is six powers rolled into one."

'So, you're saying that Han has both Augmentation and Deflection at the same time?" Joshua verified.

"Yes, although I can't even believe he has Deflection since it is only given to one person in each generation and no other person may possess the power until the current possessor dies," Minhyun stared at Park Jihoon and the rest of Wannable, who were just as confused as him.

"Well, I heard rumors during the second Arcanus Alliance meeting that the last owner of Deflection is one of the second rulers in Hallyu Kingdom," the King mentioned. "But they retired decades ago so it makes sense if the last owner either already passed away or gave up his power.

"If that is the case, who will train Han to control both his Augmentation and Deflection?" the Crown Prince wondered.

"We will take responsibility for it, your highness," Daniel and Jihoon of WANNABLE volunteered.

"So, I guess we have more persons to train every Saturday afternoon then," the King chuckled. "Chan with Luhan and Jisung, Lee Jihoon with Xiumin and Jeonghan with Park Jihoon and Daniel. Oh well, thank you for your services today, everyone. Let's wrap up the trainings for today."

With the King's dismissal, ARMY, ERI, WANNABLE and the Mystics teleported out of the throne room. As for the rest, they split up into soulmate pairs and went to the Paragon's bedroom.

"Kyeomie, do you think I'll get the hang of it?" Chan whined.

"Just practice what you did today every single day and I'm sure you will improve," Seokmin consoled, pulling Chan to lean on his chest.

"I am so amazed by Xiumin-hyung," Jihoon said, being hugged by Soonyoung from the back while in bed. "He easily turned my ice ball into soft powder snow. I hope I can reach that level of mastery."

"I'm sure you will. Just keep up with his training and you will be able to achieve it too," Soonyoung tightened his embrace.

On Seungcheol's room, Seungcheol was leaning on the headboard while Jeonghan was leaning on him on the right and Joshua was leaning on him from the left.

"Congratulations, Hannie. You got your powers now and that means you are already a full Paragon," Seungcheol kissed Jeonghan's forehead. Joshua gave a peck on Jeonghan's left temple.

"But I'm jealous," Joshua pouted.

"Why, Joshie?" Jeonghan asked.

"I want to have my powers too. I want to be a Paragon now," Joshua nagged.

"Soon, Shua. You will have yours soon," Seungcheol comforted Joshua by giving him a kiss in the same spot where he kissed Jeonghan just seconds earlier.

"For the meantime, you can have our cuddles instead," Jeonghan initiated and Seungcheol followed.

The youngest couldn't do anything. In just a few seconds, he was trapped between Jeonghan and Seungcheol. But he did not struggle out nor protested. After all, it was extremely comfortable to be in between his two soulmates.