22: Prophecy Decoded

"Woah. Who are these people?" Vernon mumbled.

"We are NU'EST, the current set of Mystics," one told Vernon. "I am JR, leader of the NU'EST."

"I am Aron," another figure said.

"I am Baekho."

"And I am Minki."

"Wait, if the five of you are Mystics, then Minhyun-hyung is both a member of WANNABLE and a Mystic?"

"Yes, I am, Prince Seokmin. I was privileged enough to be part of both squads," Minhyun smiled.

"Wait a minute. You said something about a prophecy? What prophecy?" the King was baffled.

"It's a prophecy made by the Mystics from the very beginning of the kingdom," Aron stated.

"Would you mind explaining the prophecy and how does it concern me?" Seungcheol asked.

"Certainly," JR agreed. "More than five millennia ago, when your great-grandfather was ruling the kingdom, the original set of Mystics, the Pleiades, was made up of nine members and was composed of a single family. Their father, Atlas, and their mother, Pleione, along with their seven children, Sterope, Merope, Electra, Maia, Taygeta, Celaeno and Alcyone all possessed the same power of Premonition."

"One night, under the light of the Super Blue Blood Moon, the family made a prophecy. The prophecy was thus: 'When the orb of the night is near and red and blue, one Paragon shall be born with all powers imbued; He must seek and fulfill his threefold destiny before the moon of his birth repeats in history; A deep bond of affection must he establish for if one is without the other shall he perish," Minhyun elaborated.

"This prophecy was handed down from generation of Mystics to another as a closely-guarded secret. Up until today, nobody else knew about this prophecy except for us and the previous Mystics," JR said.

"As part of our duty, of course, we have been trying to decode what the prophecy meant and who might it refer to. Turns out, the first plausible candidate for the prophecy after all these years is Crown Prince Seungcheol," Minki added.

"What does it have to do with Seungcheol-hyung?" Soonyoung was confused.

"Let us break down the prophecy into parts," Aron mentioned. "The first two lines state: 'When the orb of the night is near and red and blue, one Paragon shall be born with all powers imbued'. The orb of the night refers to the moon, while near, and red and blue meant a Super Blue Blue Blood Moon. Nearly two-hundred sixty-five years ago, Prince Seungcheol was the first and only Paragon vampire to be born under the Super Blue Blood Moon, making him the best candidate for the prophecy."

"But hyung does not fit the 'all powers imbued' part," Jun reasoned.

"Actually, he does. Five millennia ago, all Paragons only have either one of the six elements as their power. Meaning Seungcheol having all six elemental powers fit to their definition of 'all powers imbued'," Baekho laid out.

"How about Jinyoung of WANNABLE? He has Elementalism too," Seokmin remembered.

"Jinyoungie is an Archetype, just like the rest of the Royal Defense Force, so he doesn't fit the prophecy," Minhyun refuted. "Add that to the fact that he was not born during a Super Blue Blood Moon."

"Okay, for the next two lines, 'He must seek and fulfill his threefold destiny before the moon of his birth repeats in history'," Minki continued. "So far, we still have no idea what 'threefold destiny' means but we theorize that it means Prince Seungcheol must do three things in fulfilling this prophecy, including finding his soulmate and bonding with his soulmate. Also, we are certain that Prince Seungcheol must fulfill it before another Super Blue Blood Moon."