19: Paragon Duties

Fast forward to the weekend, our thirteen friends were at the mall because of the promises made in Quelpart Island after they lost the Photo Scavenger Hunt. However, the outing also served as a double-double and a half date because, as you may have noticed, the thirteen friends had five soulmate pairs within their circle.

Currently, the thirteen were separated into six groups – the five soulmate pairs and the remaining three acting as the parents. The trio was waiting in the mall's food court after instructing the other five pairs to meet them there after two hours.

"Our friendship group is really interesting," Jeonghan said while eating his food.

"Yeah. It started with just Wonwoo and Mingyu and now, almost everyone found their soulmates," Joshua chuckled.

"And now, it feels like we are their parents," Seungcheol sighed. "I sometimes hate being the eldest."

"We have no choice. We were born earlier than them," Jeonghan stated.

"By the way, Cheol, I am just curious. Are you and your brothers really the same age as us?" Joshua asked. "I was asking because Jeonghan, Jihoon and Chan, even though they are vampires, have similar ages as us humans. They were born from vampire parents after all."

"Well, honestly, I am actually two-hundred sixty-four years old." Seungcheol revealed. "Meanwhile, Jun is two-hundred and forty-six, Soonyoung is two-hundred eleven, Wonwoo is one-hundred seventy-five, Seokmin is one-hundred twenty-two, while Vernon is one-hundred and one."

"Oh, wow. I did not expect you to be that old," Joshua muttered. "But why do you look the same age as us?"

"Well, we, vampires, can control the aging process of bodies. In fact, one vampiric ability if you could remember in our Vampirology class, is Age Deceleration. This means we can actually slow down our aging depending on how we want it," Seungcheol explained. "For that reason, chronologically, we may be hundred-years old but our physiologically, we are just about the same age as you guys."

"Really?" Joshua turned to Jeonghan. Jeonghan gave Joshua a nod.

"And because of this, technically, the order of our ages will be: Seungcheol, me, you, Junhui, Soonyoung, Wonwoo, Jihoon, Seokmin, Mingyu, Minghao, Seungkwan, Vernon and Chan," Jeonghan told Joshua. "This is also the reason why vampires could still die a natural death similar to humans. Humans just refer us 'immortals' since we live for a very long time due to our aging being decelerated."

"I just realized there are a lot of things I don't know about vampires," Joshua mumbled to himself. "Thank goodness for Vampirology class."

"By the way, don't you have anything to buy? My offer still stands," Seungcheol reminded the two.

"Nope. Not yet," Jeonghan said.

"I hope the offer has no expiration date because I have no idea just yet," Joshua joked.

"Take you time. I have all the time to wait for your request," Seungcheol joked back. "Perks of having a long life."

"Truth," Jeonghan agreed to Seungcheol's joke. Joshua pouted at the two's teasing.

Meanwhile, Jun and Minghao were at the art supplies store. Minghao's eyes sparkled and roamed the area like a child in a candy store.

"Wow, this place is amazing," Minghao exclaimed.

"Calm down, Haohao. Take your time," Jun giggled.