31: Crossroads: Part 2

Meanwhile, Joshua was metaphorically riding a Buridian's donkey. He was torn between his hurt feelings and his desire to see Seungcheol. And while he was expecting his cold shower to relieve him of his indecisiveness, the waters seemed to had washed away none of Joshua's worries at all. By three in the afternoon, Joshua was laying on his bed, completely worn-out.

"Come on, Jisoo, you have to make a decision. The Super Blue Blood Moon is tonight and there is a chance you won't see Seungcheol again."

"But think about yourself! Imagine how emotionally hurt you will be if you'll see them again."

"Just take a risk, will you? No matter what happens, you are still their friend."

"And stop crying. You can barely breathe with all the drama you're having. Seriously, Joshua, if your congenital condition doesn't kill you, this emotional breakdown will." Joshua reprimanded himself.

And just like that, Joshua decided to cut his Gordian knot. He stood up and opened his closet for a change in clothes. After a few minutes of contemplating, Joshua opted for a white collared, long-sleeved button down shirt, classic blue jacket, white shorts and denim boat shoes. He grabbed all the necessary things that he needed to bring — wallet, house keys, and phone. Since his parents were both working, he sent them a message about where he was going while stretching the truth for just a little bit. He called for a taxi and made his way toward the palace.

It took him several minutes but Joshua made it to the main gate. A guard stopped him from his tracks.

"Who might you be?" the guard inquired.

"I am Hong Jisoo. I am Prince Seungcheol's classmate from Section Rose Quartz in Adore U."

Because of their ambiguous orders to let all of the Prince's Rose Quartz friends in, the guard simply opened the gate for Joshua, "Very well. Please come in."

Joshua walked past the front garden and around the fountain until he was in front of the main door. He knocked before a palace helper opened the door for him.

"Good afternoon. May I ask who you are?" the palace helper questioned.

"I am Hong Jisoo, Prince Seungcheol's friend. May I speak with him? It's of utmost importance."

"Unfortunately, sir, Prince Seungcheol is already at his room in preparation for the Super Blue Blood Moon," the helper apologized.

"Can you please lead me to his room? It is very important and I cannot afford to miss another day," Joshua begged.

"I guess it's still fine."

The helper allowed Joshua in and led him through the palace's many hallways.

"I can't let Seungcheol die without me confessing my feelings for him. I have to tell Jeonghan as well. It would be unfair for the two of them if I don't. Whatever happens tonight, I just need to let these feelings out of my chest," Joshua told himself.

The helper stopped in front of a door. Joshua wondered if they arrived at his desired destination. The helper knocked three times and Joshua waited for a response to be given.

While Joshua was making his way to the palace, Seungcheol and Jeonghan were already at Seungcheol's room. Seungcheol and Jeonghan were sitting face to face on Seungcheol's bed.

Jeonghan touched Seungcheol's cheek, "You look pale, Cheollie. Are you sure you are still alright?"

"Yes, Hannie." — Seungcheol kissed Jeonghan's forehead — "I am fine as long as I am with you."

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to contact Joshua. It seems that my theory is wrong."

"It's okay. And don't blame yourself. Just think of it as 'plausible' since we really haven't tested your theory," Seungcheol smiled gently at Jeonghan. "And that was a very good interpretation of the prophecy, though."

"Well, I am a little smart," Jeonghan boasted.

"Yes. And you are my smart soulmate," Seungcheol chuckled.

"But honestly, Cheollie, I am really worried for you," Jeonghan confessed with tears in his eyes. "What if I am not good enough for you?"

"Don't cry, Hannie. You are my soulmate. That alone is enough for me."

"I cannot imagine myself losing you tonight, Cheollie."

"Stop thinking about the future for a while," Seungcheol wiped the Jeonghan's tears. "For now, focus on the present. Just me and you."

"Okay, Cheollie."

"Should we do it now?" Seungcheol scratched his nape.

"I think we should do it now. We can't afford doing it during the Super Blue Blood Moon. Who knows what will happen to you. And I don't want to even imagine it," Jeonghan clasped Seungcheol's hands.

"Okay, here goes," Seungcheol leaned into Jeonghan's neck.

Jeonghan closed his eyes the moment he felt Seungcheol's breathe on his neck. Seungcheol, on the other hand, let his fangs grow and graze it along Jeonghan's neck. Jeonghan couldn't help but moan at the sensation.

"Are you sure about this, Hannie?"

"Yes, Cheollie. I'm ready as I'll ever be."

"I apologize in advance. This might hurt."

"It's okay, Cheollie. Anything for you."

With those words, Seungcheol sank his fangs on the crook of Jeonghan's neck. Immediately, they both felt something was happening with their eyes. Seungcheol stayed in position for a good thirty seconds before pulling his head out.

"Our eyes changed color," Seungcheol smiled.

"We are bonded now," Jeonghan also smiled as he looked at Seungcheol's classic blue eyes.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright. It hurt a bit but it felt good afterward," Jeonghan described the feeling. "But don't talk about me; talk about you. How are you feeling? Is everything back to normal?"

Seungcheol opened his right palm in the hopes of activating his power. But nothing, nada, zilch. No element manifested in his hand. He tried over and over and even attempted the same futile effort with his other hand or both of his hands. Still, no power came out of Seungcheol's upper extremities.

"I still cannot activate my power," Seungcheol said sadly.

"Does that mean it didn't work?" Jeonghan tone was a mix of disappointment and worry.

"I guess so."

Both Seungcheol and Jeonghan were surprised with the result. They were really hoping it would work but it seemed that there was something wrong with the Mystics' interpretation of the prophecy. Before Jeonghan could spiral into an emotional breakdown though, a series of knocks was heard at the door.

"Who is it?" Seungcheol asked the person on the other side of the door.

The door opened, revealing a palace helper, "Sir, I sincerely apologize for disturbing you but there is someone who really wants to see you."

Seungcheol and Jeonghan looked at each other. They were confused as to who might it be. Everyone should be in their respective rooms and visitors were not allowed at the moment. However, all confusion went down the drain as the helper stepped aside to reveal who the person was.

"Joshua..." Seungcheol and Jeonghan trailed off at the same time.