12: Weekend Plans

A week had passed after the Literature project. Thankfully, everyone did a really good job that their Literature teacher all gave them high marks. And even though Rose Quartz enjoyed reading novels, everyone agreed that it should be done according to one's pace and not because of a time limit. So, after those stressful, albeit still enjoyable, weeks, Rose Quartz hoped to take a break from major school requirements.

"Good afternoon, class," Mr. Park entered the classroom.

"Good afternoon, sir," Rose Quartz greeted.

"It's our Vampirology period, sir. What brings you to our classroom?" Chungha asked.

"I come here bringing some good news," Mr. Park answered.

"What? What could it be?" the class murmured.

"First is that you won't be having your Vampirology class today. That means you are free to go after this announcement," Mr. Park announced, earning cheers from the whole class.

"The other thing that I want to announce is that" — Mr. Park paused for dramatic effect — "our section is going on a field trip."

As soon as those words left Mr. Park's mouth and were processed by everyone's mind, the class erupted in a musical number singing about summer and how it was the time to have a vacation and taking a break from school work. Unfortunately, Mr. Park was not able to stop the class. It was like they were acting on a fixed script. Mr. Park was also confused on how everyone seemed to know the lyrics. The singing did not stop until the song reached the end.

"Woah. We sound like the second installment of a musical original movie from a major diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate about six teenagers from different stereotypical groups navigating through high school," Mark commented as everyone was confused how the musical number came to be.

"Thank you for that intermission number class. Now, can I explain about the field trip?" Mr. Park stood up.

"Sorry, sir."

"Okay, the field trip will be in Quelpart Island. It will be this Friday morning until Saturday night. We will be returning home by Sunday morning."

"Finally, a break from school work! It's like the heavens have heard our prayers," Soonyoung said excitedly.

"Well, the heavens did hear your prayers but maybe, so did your father," Mr. Park mentioned.

"Our father?" Jun spoke out.

"Yes. King Sungsoo arranged a field trip for only one section — our section. He already told the faculty about it and promised to have everything prepared." Mr. Park revealed. "It's an all-expense paid trip courtesy of the King."

"Huh? I wonder why father did this," Wonwoo mumbled.

"So, that would be all for the announcement. Class dismissed."

With the dismissal by Mr. Park, the thirteen friends huddled around to make plans for the rest of the afternoon. After much discussion and agreement to skip club, all of them decided to hang out in the restaurant where the non-Paragons like to hang out. And yes, the restaurant staffed was honored, shocked and nervous all-together when the royalties stepped inside their building.

"Oh, wow. I did not know this place existed," Seokmin looked around the interior of the restaurant as they sat down on a table slightly secluded from the rest.

"We just accidentally found this place too. But since they served good food and it is near from the university, it became our favorite hang-out place," Seungkwan explained.