54: Divide and Conquer

Thanks to Daniel's ability, the King, the Royal Defense Force and the Mystics had a comfortable enough makeshift headquarters in Zirconia Village. They were warmly welcomed by Cubics - what the people who live in Zirconia Village call themselves - even though, honestly, the village had the reputation of swinging loyalties every now and then.

"According to your premonition, Minhyun, when is the attack supposed to happen?" the King asked.

"By sunset, your majesty," Minhyun recalled his premonition.

"If so, everyone, prepare for the worst. Dusk is almost upon us," the King instructed.

"Yes, sir," Namjoon, Junmyeon and Jisung responded.

As soon as the sun descended below the horizon, a multitude of Barbarians suddenly attacked Zirconia Village.

"Hear ye, people of Zirconia! I am Hojin, a Moissanite general. Surrender yourselves and the village now and the damage we'll inflict will be kept to a bare minimum," Hojin announced.

Hearing the announcement, the Royal Defense Force sprang into action; their eyes glowing in a variety of color depending on the respective owner. The King and the Mystics remained at the temporary headquarters. While possessing decent powers themselves, the King and the Mystics would participate in direct combat only when it was highly necessary. Minhyun, on the other hand, was an exception. With his status of being both a Mystic and member of WANNABLE, he had the privilege to engage in battle.

"Like we would allow you to do that easily," Jongin confidently responded to Hojin.

"Is the King here? I would like to confront him directly," Hojin bravely claimed.

"Oh, he is here alright. He's with the Mystics. But you can only face him after going through us," Namjoon firmly stated.

"Ah... the King, the Royal Defense Force and the Mystics are all here. What a lucky day. Everything is going better than originally planned." Hojin sinisterly mumbled.

"Plan? What plan?" Jisung wanted to clarify.

"None of your business. Moissanites, attack!" Hojin ordered.

Thus, the battle of Zirconia began. Despite having a monolithic disadvantage in numbers, the Royal Defense Force was handling the invading Moissanites easily. Well, if you consider the fact that the Royal Defense Force cumulatively possessed all categories of powers, then their overwhelming dominance against the invading Moissanite was a no-brainer. Nevertheless, even having the upper-hand, the sheer number of Moissanite invaders was posing a bit of a problem. Several Moissanites were slipping past their defenses and into the makeshift HQ. However, they knew the King and the Mystics will be able to handle them.

"I guess it's time for us to move, huh?" JR commented. "Minki, stick with the King just in case."

"I can also fight you know," the King said.

"Just let us handle things first your majesty," Baekho chuckled. "It has been awhile since we last fought and it seems that everyone is underestimating our capabilities now."

"Just because we're pacifists doesn't mean we can't fight," Aron reasoned out.

Yes. The Mystic happily went all out against any Moissanite that slip past the Royal Defense Force. Their eyes were glowing as they were using their powers.

"This is so much fun!" Baekho was punching every Moissanite with his Super Strength.

"I love the smell of burnt Moissanites in the evening," JR mentioned after electrocuting some invaders via his Atmokinesis.