- 23 -

༞↣⇕↢༞

↣⇕↢

THEY ALL STUMBLED INTO Chris' spacious flat Rya now called home, they were enjoying themselves, basking in the fact that Rya was back. Safe and not broken. She still managed to show her wonderful smile and that fact left them all utterly happy. Or some semblance of it.

Rage still burned in their bodies, swirling around and mixing itself with the happiness they felt in that moment. The three people all felt equally protective of the girl that came in their lives merely a couple months ago. Though they let that rage sit, instead replacing it with contentment.

"Putain. I'm so fucking tired" Rya groaned but froze a bit as if remembering something. Guilt churned in her stomach, a feeling that was all too familiar to her because of how sick it made her feel this past week.

She cleared a throat uncomfortably and turned around slowly. She didn't know how to phrase her feelings. Didn't know how she could put her emotions into words. Rya was always accustomed to gulp them down, keeping them locked into the deepest parts of her heart, knowing no one- not even herself- were brave enough to venture down there.

"I just want to say sorry. I acted horribly after finding out about Ralph's death. I was irresponsible and acted stupidly, not thinking about consequences. And, I'm just.. sorry." She bowed her head, ashamed and not daring to meet their eyes she was sure were filled with disapointment. She didn't want to meet her father's eyes especially. This was solely addressed to him but she didn't have the courage to talk to him alone. Such a coward she thought to herself.

Though, when she felt herself being engulfed into a hug, all her thoughts went flying out of the window, smelling the distinct smell her Father always seemed to carry around. She rejoiced in the comfort of his arms, in the fatherly embrace she had craved all her life.

He pulled her away from him, his hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes.

"I know how hard it was for you to hear the news, even if it was expected. I never expected you to be okay with it. But I must say that I didn't expect you to think that alcohol was even a solution to your problems. It never - And I mean never- is. When you feel
the most helpless come to me, or anyone you love for that matter and just talk to them, to me. You'll find that actually confronting your feelings is the best way to deal with them. Not swallowing them away like you so clearly have mastered doing. And don't think you won't be punished after this yeah? I'll think of something to take away from you." Then, he looked back over his shoulder, making sure Noah was watching or more so listening discretely, before continuing. "Or maybe I'll even take away someone from you." Her eyes widened at his words and she immediately shook her head, rapidly.

"Wh-what? You can do that? Can't you take my phone away or something? I'll even be on house arrest if you want to. Please" She begged him, not knowing that Noah was watching her with a small smile, knowing who they were talking about.