- 27 -

༞↣⇕↢༞

↣⇕↢

Mira Shore, originally named Leila El khoury at birth, undoubtedly hadn't had the best life while growing up.

Born to a father that cared more about the mafia he was affiliated to than his family and to a  weak mother who lost herself to a disease known as addiction. One could gather just from those facts that their family hadn't been the closest bunch of all. It lacked warmth, protection and most importantly love.

Her father had made it his mission to watch the women in his life suffer; His wife, and his three daughters. From the countless beatings he had subjected them to, to the horrible mindgames he used to play with them, they all stemmed from one source, and one source alone.

The poor bastard had lost the love of his life–a woman just as cruel as him, if not more–years before. Though he never wanted to so much as look at another woman again, his superiors had put pressure on him to get married and have kids just so he could be able to give them an heir.

When apparently, Mira's mother failed four times at giving him just that– the fourth one being the baby he had killed by stabbing his pregnant wife in the stomach after finding out that it wasn't a boy– the man had grown to resent his little family even more than he used to.

The poor mother, a weak woman whose father owed too many things to far too many powerful man and thus had been forced to marry that sick monster, had crumbled beneath the pressure. She could not watch her girls being tortured by the man that was supposed to protect them from everything and sit iddly by. Therefore, as a last resort, because she couldn't for the life of her, conjure up enough courage in her frailing and beaten body to leave him, she turned to drugs.

Throughout her whole life, Mira had been able to see the numb look in the eyes of her high mother whenever she slept. She had been able to remember every lesson her father taught her and though they didn't seem to be good lessons, she couldn't help but abide by them. They worked for her.

"Do not be weak by showing emotions. keep them inside of you. Hide them. I don't want to see no tears nor teary eyes, understand?" Those words had been engraved in her mind for the longest time.

Her sisters each coped differently with their problems.

Sacha, her older sister, had taken on the role of the mother, a role no child should carry that young but she dealt with it the best she could. She had been there for the girls whenever they needed it and had put her whole life on pause for the both of them.

At eighteen years old, with Mira following closely at sixteen years old, they had managed to snag themselves a place to live away from their father. At that point, their mother had alrealy killed herself. Nothing they could have done to prevent it too, no matter how much they liked to blame themselves.

However, the yougest, had taken the same route as her dear mother, just after Sacha met her current husband. Christie, as she was called, had met a drug dealer, unfortunately for her and had fallen in love with him. He had wrapped her around his finger and slowly but surely lured him into his world. Christie slowly unraveled and as her mother had done before, lost herself to the same disease.

Mira hadn't even noticed that she had been in a relationship to begin with. She had tried everything in her power to protect her but alas, in her opinion, she had failed.

Christie ran off with her junk of a boyfriend, leaving Mira all alone. Mourning the presence of the only family she had.

Despite that, she had pulled through. She enrolled herself in a public university, a pretty shitty one at that and became a great lawyer.

In college she had met a man. Her soulmate, in the most platonic way of the sence of the word, though. They were made for each other because they understood each other so much, they felt each other's pain. He had been there for her for everything in her life. He was the brother she never had and the best friend she could ever ask for.

One summer, the both of them had collected enough money to travel to their dream destination; London. The same place where she met Christian Bell.

Like it was said before, he had been there for everything in her life.

She had been charmed by his charisma and his good looks, it had been one of the reasons why she had slept with him that night at the bar. Never in her wildest dreams did she imagine she'd find herself pregnant, three weeks later after her routine check up whith her gynecologist.

As soon as they heard, the two soulmates flew back to London, tracked down Christian Bell and told him everything. Him, being the good man he was, accepted full responsibility and said he would help raise the child with her. It was only fair.

As time fell, the two had grown to love each other deeply. But, tragedy struck, as it always does when something good happens in that poor girl's life.

Rick Alfonso, a man that reminded her too much of her sick father kidnapped her, threatened her and almost made her lose her baby. Mira could not, subject her baby to the same fate she had; A life of danger. Therefore she took Rya with them and left, went all the way back to her hometown in Lebanon where she raised Rya with the help of Mark the best she could.

Nevertheless, word got out of her apparent location she had tried so hard hiding from her father and tragedy struck, again.

He went for what would hurt her most, hurting the people she loved deeply. The monster, with no remorse whatsoever, pulled the trigger three consecutive times and then some, releasing a bullet between the eyes of Mark and both his parents. His parents that had accepted Mira and Rya as though they were their own.

After that, everything changed for Mira. She closed herself up, became cold to everyone except to her daughter even though she still was, to an extent. She taught Rya everything she thought she needed to know.

Not knowing the effect  those lessons would have on her sweet daughter in the futur.

Some nights, Mira would come back home half drunk, a giggling mess after spending the afternoon at a bar. Those nights were filled heartfelt laughs and affectionate gestures shared between the two.

Mira wasn't a bad mother. Not necessarily the best example one would give but she still wasn't a bad mother. She had done everything for Rya. Had sacrificed so many things that brought her happiness, just to ensure her daughter's. She was strict and cold while still being loving in her own way.

Mira showed her love the only way she knew how; through her actions and lessons. And that, unfortunately had not been quite enough for Rya.

°°°

This chapter is just a little back story so you guys can get to know Rya's mother more. This chapter is extremely important so if you have any and I really mean any, you can go ahead and ask them.

Thank you so much for reading, I love you guys☺️🥰🥰🥰