- 11 -

༞↣⇕↢༞

↣⇕↢

RYA AWOKE TO BRIGHT lights blinding her momentarily. She felt disoriented at first, for she had not woken up in the comfort of her bedroom, but to a white room that smelled like antiseptic.

Then, the events of - what she figured was- the night before surged back into her memory hitting her full force and a sudden wave of pain rushed to her head.

The normally calm and collected Rya was now agitated. She needed to see her father and Noah to make sure nothing had happened to the both of them. God knows what kind injuries they could have obtained.

She was familiar with hospital rooms because of all the medical videos that she watched on youtube, thus knew that a call button layed on her bedside and pressed it.

A young woman came in a few seconds later, she looked to be in her mid thirties with her face void of wrinkles or any sort of traces of vigilesse.

"Hello Ms. Shore. How are you feeling?" She asked in a voice that sounded too sweet to not have been faked in Rya's opinion.
"I'm fine. Could you, please, tell me where my father and friend are? Noah Pierce and Christian Bell." Her words were tinged with a hint of desperation that made the nurse feel sorry for her.

"I'll ask the desk which room they put them in and come back to tell you. Is that all right?" The woman was treating Rya as if she was a person who had seperation anxiety,not that there was anything wrong with that, but Rya hated being treated as if she was just a little kid. Too many people had done it already in her life and she was sick of it.

Nevertheless, she didn't complain to the woman and simply offered her a weak nod as she thought that that would make her go faster. She was, evidently, desperate for news on the two's wellbeing.

After an agonizing couple of minutes, the same caregiver came back in the room. Rya's nail polish was now completely scratched off courstesy of her mouth as she could not control her stress from rising at not knowing in what predicament lay the two. Normally, she would have never stressed as much, but after her mother's death she just couldn't lose anyone else.

Granted, her mother and her didn't get along very well but she was still her mum. The woman who took care of her, her entire life and gave up so much for her. Even if the two hadn't had the best of relationships out there she was immensely grateful for her.

The nurse spoke again, shooting away Rya's thoughts about her deceased mother.

"Mr.Bell has had surgery because of a piece of glass that pierced his appendix. They managed to remove it and he's now resting in his room. As for your friend, he is alright,  but I'm not allowed to divulge more as you are not a family member. I'm sorry."