- 09 -

༞↣⇕↢༞

↣⇕↢

CHRISTIAN WAS SCARED.
Not for himself, but for Rya.
She was at school and he didn't know if she was safe there or not. He didn't want her going to school but they had a very long conversation the night before and she had managed to convice him. The girl had quite the tongue. He reckoned she would be a lawyer when she grew  up.

They had managed to track Rick down. Considering he had just gotten out of prison he could not dissapear because of his parole. But, they couldn't do anything because he hadn't done anything incriminating yet. Yes, he had someone follow them, but that could not be proven, unfortunately.

He just hoped that nothing happened to Rya. Or else he would raise hell upon that man. He couldn't lose her. In the short month they had spent together, he had gotten overly attached to his daughter.

Someone knocking on his door shook him out of his thoughts.

"The meeting's been moved up. We start in ten minutes. Don't be late." Said Ron. He was his "partner" of some sort. He was a brilliant analyst that helped him in almost all of his missions. They had started working together around the time Alfonso's gang started to make a name for themselves. He was the lead analyst for the task and the two had taken quite a liking to each other's way of working. So, now every time he had a new case, Christian would ask to have Ron as the lead analyst.

"Yes, of course" He replied. He didn't reply with a sarcastic remark at him insinuating that he would be late. His thoughts were all over the place worrying about his child that it didn't even cross his mind. But, Ron didn't ask questions. He knew him enough to know not to.

°°°

The day flew by, Rya didn't even know that it was time to go home when the final bell rang. She was walking in the hallways trying to find her schedule amidst the clutter that her bag was when she ran into Henri, one of Noah's friends, who led her to the exit gate.

And, there she was, waiting by the gate for her father. Noah had football practice so he carpooled with his friends to go their club. Therefore, she was alone.

She had her phone in her hand, her father's number already dialed, ready in case anything happened. She wasn't dumb enough to think that her Father's enemy wouldn't try something with her.
She didn't let her guard down until she saw Christian's car pull up in front of her.

She got in and threw her bag into the back seat. Christian winced at the thought of the bag scratching the leather of the seats.

"How was your day Ry? Did anything happen?" He asked just to reassure himself.

"It was good. Noah introduced me to his friends. Nice guys. And,
If in the futur the school calls you because of my french teacher, it wasn't my fault, she's a bala mokh. {airhead}. She didn't even know that it was "Il pleut" {It's raining} and not "Sa pleut"." Rya had hated Mrs. Tuckson, she was a stuckup that thought she was the best at speaking french when really, she was just an idiot who liked to embarrass her students.

Saying sa pleut in french is a common mistake that many non fluent french speakers make, it's as if you say  "there is raining" instead of "it's raining". Although it's doesn't exactly mean that.

Christian was relieved nothing happened to her, though it didn't sit well with him that her french teacher was not good. He knew she loved that subject as it had come up a number of times during their dinners.

"If you want I can ask if you can participate in the higher level french classes. That way you'd be learning a couple new things instead of having the same lessons from primary school." He asked. He just wanted her to feel comfortable at her new school.

"Yes, that would be great! I'll call the school myself and ask if it's possible." She replied enthusiastically.

The rest of the car ride was spent with the two of them chatting.

When they got home Rya ran directly to her room to change out of her clothes. Because of many protest from the students and parents the school had ruled out their uniforms considering the large sum of money they had to put into buying them each year.

On her desk she found a note. It was in a red envelope. Her name was written on it with a very sloppy handwriting. She didn't think twice before opening it but frowned at the content.
°°°

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E :

So? What do you think?
It's still the start of the book so I don't want to reveal everything just yet :))

Anyways Where are you from?

-- I'm from Lebanon 😪