- 04 -

༞↣⇕↢༞

↣⇕↢

-04-

RYA WAS CURRENTLY SAT on the makeshift balcony of her bedroom, singing her heart out. She was singing "Hey jude" from the Beatles, in honor of her mom, it was her favorite song before she passed away. Granted, she could not do as much justice to the beatles as they deserved without being accompanied by at least an electric guitar, but she still tried.

The past six months were horrible without her mother. All the family they had were back in Lebanon, trying to sort through their own problems. She could not find it in herself to be mad that they didn't visit because they called her weekly to make sure she was okay. But all the time she passed trying to find her dad got her mom off of her mind a lot. She was very thankful she had found him.

Her dad

It seemed weird for her that she had finally met the man she had been desperate to know her entire life. And all it took was her mom's death. Some world they lived in.

Christian was currently sitting on his bed listening to the mesmerizing voice of his daughter. She had taken that talent from her mother, he decided because he knew damn well that he couldn't sing for shit.

He couldn't believe that he had finally met his daughter, it seemed out of this world to think about. And she looked so much like him! He wanted to spend all the time he had listening to her, how she grew up, what she liked, disliked and so on, but sadly he had to go to work.

Christian was on his way out of the door when a voice stopped him.

"Where are you going?" She asked. Christian froze for a second as if he was doing something illegal but quickly shook out of it when he remembered who he was talking to.

"Just going to work, why?" He replied back, just realizing that he should have at the very least said goodbye to her before going.

"Oh, ok cool. Bye"

"I'll be home at 5 o'clock so do you fancy having tea with me at the cafe a couple blocks away? Just so we can chat a bit."

The girl scrunched her nose up in disgust and replied. "I don't really like tea."

He looked at her shocked as if she she had said that she was the queen of England. Which was obviously ridiculous, what was wrong with not liking tea?

"Oh wow, I'm sorry it's just that I love tea personally so I really can't understand how some people don't" He chuckled a bit. "But it's alright. I'll just get some groceries and we can prepare dinner and eat together. Alright?"

Rya shrugged her shoulders and replied. "Yeah cool."

"Ok. Bye"

°°°

It was two in the afternoon when the bell suddenly rang. Rya did not know who it could be, her father had said he'd be back by five o'clock.

A young boy stood there. He looked to be about a year older than her. Though she could not be sure, Rya had been wrong at guessing a boy's age before-many times she did not wish to reminisce. She shuddered at the memory of the thirteen year old boy that had shamelessly flirted with her at an ice cream store for a whole hour. She told him that she was not interested one hundred times after he had told her his age–which she had guessed to be much more elevated. It had stood as the only reason why she had even entertained the notion of him speaking to her in such a way–, but the boy still stood his ground. Rya decided then, that the only way he would leave her to eat her ice cream in peace would be to punch him. And she did just that, the tween had been knocked out from the force of her blow. She was still proud of herself even though a lot of people in the store looked at her as if she was a psycopath. She just flipped them off and continued attacking her mint and chocolate ice cream.