- 35 -

༞↣⇕↢༞

↣⇕↢

"What did you just say?" Jordan asked carefully, almost as if he could not believe what had been uttered by the man in front of him, sitting on his leather chair as if he were the king of the world.

"I said" The director started, before resting his elbows on his oak desk with a smirk on his face " You're fired. We're replacing you."

"Who?" He simply asked, and even though the director knew what he had meant he regarded him with a curious look, just to further anger him. It was funny to him, like watching a kid having a tamper tantrum. When that kid wasn't yours of course.

"Who are you replacing me with?" He enunciated each of his words delicately, hoping to calm his temper that had been raging.

"I'm not at liberty to say." The director stated, his face this time serious. It was not something he would get out of him, that he knew. Though Jordan already had an inkling as to who they were putting in his place, he wanted the confirmation, he wanted the excuse to further allevate his hate against that man.

"Now, it's been an absolute pleasure talking to you, Minerva, but I'm afraid it is time for you to pack all of your belongings in this box" he took a cardboard box out from underneath him, set it on the table and slapped it twice before continuing" And take your walk of shame down the halls of the agency." The director's voice dripped in sarcasm and faux sympathy which made Jordan's fists clench tightly as to not let him possibly hit the man before him.

"I'll have some people come to collect my things." He gritted out before marching out of the man's office and down the hall. People all around him flew out of his way as he approached, not because he had power, not because he was respected but merely because of the fact that they did not want to be run into by this beast of a man.

When he finally got to his car, and was sure that nobody was around to overhear anything, he dialed a number he had come across on the dark web– a site he frequently visited for his personal enjoyment– and clicked the call button. On the other end, blaring beeps rang in his ear before he heard a female voice on the other end.

"How the fuck did you get this number" the woman didn't sound angry, and in fact, she wasn't. It was written on the page that he had come across that this was what she asked at first, to make sure the people who called her were to be futur clients of hers.

"I have a job for you" he recited, just like it had said on the site.

"Are you aware of my terms of condition." He was but he had ignored them, because the man he wanted dead didn't fit the criteria that woman looked for and he was desperate.

"I am." He decided to respond. She wouldn't find out, that he was sure of it.

"Send to the fax number I just gave you all the information you have on him." And then she hung up.