- 16 -

༞↣⇕↢༞

↣⇕↢

RYA WOKE UP TO THE SOUND of her phone ringing. With a grown she got out of the bed she was in. She stood there confused for a bit as she did not know how she had gotten into Noah's bed but just shrugged it off. She deemed it too unimportant at the moment.

Rya quickly rushed to her phone that layed on his desk on the opposite side of the room. Her aunt was calling. The girl had not called her in almost two weeks because it completely fell from her mind. To say she felt bad was an understatement.

Without wasting anymore time, she pressed on the answer button and listened as her aunt's voice filled her ears.

Noah had just finished taking his shower and was wearing nothing but sweatpants when he stumbled upon a sobbing Rya. He immediately rushed over to her, engulfed her in a hug and whispered gentle words in her ear hoping it would calm her down. He layed down with her until her sobs turned into soft sniffles and those turned into heavy breaths as she slept. Noah sighed softly and gently kissed her forehead. He knew that this was coming, sooner or later she would have had to break down as a result of all the emotions and pain she kept bottled up inside of her. Noah had begged of her so many times to open up, and she did, but he was quick to realise that she only let him in on half of her pain. The rest- she kept it to herself.
He craddled her in his arms as if she were the most precious thing he knew. He never let her go once. And, only when she woke up, two hours later did he finally question her.

"Ry..." That's all that Noah could say before he felt Rya snuggle up into him more and whispered
"My family from Lebanon. They're coming here. They want to check on me. Give me the opportunity to see my cousin before he dies of cancer."

Noah sighed, he didn't know how she did it. The girl was amazingly strong, and yet, so vulnerable at the same time. She hid all her pain and insecurities behind her panty dropping smiles and her big laughs, hoping it would fool any passerby. She didn't know how to deal with her emotions and as a result never acknowledged them head on like one was supposed to. She was still so young and still needed to be taught so much.

As much as she wanted to, she had never cried throughout all the events that happened during the past months. From her finding out about her father's ennemy, to being in a car crash, to have their house completely rainsacked by yet another enemy and now, having to face the fact that the closest thing she had to a brother was slowly and excruciatingly dying. It was too hard on her.

Furthermore, she still had an open wound left by the death of her mother that still hurt just as much as it did on the first week. She hated how painful it was for her to to even think of her mum. And, yet, she still did. Because she promised herself that her mother could never be completely dead, and that she would forever live in her mind and of her loved one's for as long as they lived.