- 01 -

༞↣⇕↢

༞↣⇕↢

AFTER FINDING OUT EXACTLY where her father lived- with yet again the help of her friend -  she immediately booked a plane ticket to London. It was quite cheap because all the available seats were in the back of the plane, next to the toilets.

Rya couldn't believe that she was actually going to meet her father.

As a kid, on every single birthday, she used to close her eyes and wish really hard for her father to come to back to them, before blowing ferociously on the  candles adorning her birthday cake.

Each year, it was the same thing, she kept wishing and wishing, until one day it clicked in her mind- she realized that it was futile wishing for something that unimaginable. The pain she felt each time after her birthday, when she would wake up and see that her father wasn't there got easier through the years and soon enough she only felt a slight pinch to her heart— a bearable type of pain.

And now, the fact that her childhood wish was going to come true, scared her to death. She didn't know if he even wanted to see her, much less let her live with him. But she had no other choice.

Her mother had left behind a quite generous sum of five thousand dollars, and Rya had practically used all of it to find her father. From hiring a professional hacker that turned out to be a year older than her, to all the comfort food and all of the necessities she had to buy through the months, the money went away quite fast.

She had been put in foster care because her mother had removed her father's name from her birth certificate– making it seem like she didn't have one.

Rya had also refused to live with one of her aunts or uncles under the pretense that she did not want to be adopted. The court validated her wants because she had just lost her mother and they thought it would only be temporary. So, with the limited information she had on him from her mother's old journal, it was truly amazing that they managed to find him.

With all of the stress and anxiety in her body, Rya could not fall asleep. She had tossed and turned for two whole hours, covered in sweat because of the unbearable heat radiating off of her duvet, before finally abandoning and occupied herself with some research on her laptop.

"Work till you drop" was her motto.

When the big hand struck twelve and the smaller one four, on her old clock, she had started to feel less restless, Rya went over to her bed, layed down on the cheap covers of the singleton with the squeaky mattress, and, like a light switched off, she fell asleep.

After what felt like milliseconds later for Rya, the alarm that she had set in advance was blaring into the empty room, waking her up. She groaned into her pillow, clearly too tired to get out of the little bubble she had created around herself with her covers. She had merely slept for four hours though those hours felt like seconds to her body.
Despite her exhausted state, Rya got up from her bed; she fought through it, far too nervous to let her laziness take over.