- 30 -

༞↣⇕↢༞

↣⇕↢

ONE WHOLE MONTH PASSED by. One whole, quiet month where absolutely nothing happened- well, nothing disastrous. Rick Alfonso and his gang- The saints, a paradox he had found to be utterly brilliant- were gaining more and more power by the day. Though, all of the crimes that seemed to be perpetuated by that gang always brought back one thing- lack of evidence.

Their old warehouse had been subjected to a massive shootout between two gangs from what they could tell based on the testimonies of some pupils. They had thought that they'd finally managed to catch that gang but, when they arrived on site, nothing was amiss. Everything in order, like it had been when they made all the arrests years ago.
Lack of evidence.

It went on for the whole month, crime after crime, that they knew came from The Saints, all let go of because of lack of evidence.

Chris had desperately begged the Director to let him back in on the case but he never seemed to budge. The man deemed it too unsafe.

"He is already seeking vengeance for arresting him all those years ago, it would not be wise to put you in any more danger. Don't forget that you have a child to take care of now Christian." The old wrinkly man had told him. It had made Chris scoff as if whatever he had uttered was the most ridiculous thing in the world.

Though, deep down, it made him feel guilty. His daughter had already lost enough people in her life, he knew that she couldn't lose him too. God knows he couldn't as well.

Therefore he abandoned the idea all together, he simply resolved to having information about the case thrown at him with not much details by one of the workers set on the case.

It had been too silent. A whole month. And, nothing. No threats, no accidents caused by him, no kidnapping anybody.

As much as it had relieved him, it also filled him with apprehension. Wondering what the fuck could possibly happen next. His mind played with him, toyed with different scenes of situations he never wanted to be put in. But it was relentless, it made him weary, angry and exhausted.

Chris had done everything he could not to bring back his lack of happiness, or rather his bad feelings, at home. His determination to never let her see him that way had not failed him at all. Rya ignored completely whatever was going on with that situation.

She was just a teenager after all, these sort of things should not plague her mind, and should not keep her up at night. Rya already had far too many reasons for her sleepless nights, no other ones needed to be added on top of them.

Therapy had proved to be helpful as she found it. It didn't make her feel extremely bad to talk of her feelings and confide in Dr. Clair. And, supplemented by the fact that her relationship with Noah turned out to be the single best thing in her life- short of her family of course, everything appeared to be going better for the girl.