Prologue

⊱⊱ ── {◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦} ── ⊰⊰

King Philza of the Antarctic Empire had two sons.

Prince Technoblade, the eldest of the two, was originally meant to be King but had chosen to become a knight instead.

And Prince Wilbur also chose against becoming King. He wanted to become a musician and had chosen against learning his royal duties from a young age, instead enhancing his skills with a guitar.

Although Techno was a great knight, and Wilbur was an amazing musician, the Antarctic Empire was left without an heir to the throne.

Until Tommy was born into the kingdom's life.

However, the queen died giving birth to Tommy, meaning he never got to meet his mother. The kingdom was both overjoyed and devastated at the loss and gain.

But rest assured, King Phil would make sure Tommy became King.

He was the Empire's last hope.

Even if that meant forcing Tommy into doing something he hated.

◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦

Tommy made his way out of his huge but lonely bedroom, and downstairs into the dining hall.

As per usual, it was empty.

Techno was probably out with other knights, or something likewise.

Wilbur was probably with his friends, lucky bastard.

Tommy wasn't allowed to have friends, or leave the castle grounds.

He'd never even seen the outside world.

Being the only successor to the throne, King Phil made sure nothing could happen to Tommy.

How pathetic was that? He was twelve, and he'd never been outside.

As Tommy took a seat at the empty dining table, made for 50 people, Tommy's eyes wandered to the window. There were three butterflies outside the glass, each in a different color.

One was a pastel blue, with black dots in all different sizes. The one flying above it was pure lime green, Tommy liked the color very much. The last one was a soft orange, with black lines running through the wings.

Curiosity got the best of him. Sure, he'd looked outside the windows multiple times, but he'd wondered what it was like to be on the other side of the glass, with the butterflies.

He peeked around, no one in sight.

It wouldn't hurt him, right? To see the outside, for the first time?

He deserved it.

Disregarding his father's warnings, he crept the door open and walked to the window. The butterflies started to fly at Tommy's presence, and they fluttered off into the forest.

Tommy was enticed by the three butterflies, and his curiosity got the best of him, he ran after the flying insects.

They weaved through the trees gracefully, and Tommy had to pick up speed. He tripped over a rock, leaving a bleeding scratch on his knees, but his worry of losing the butterfly was stronger than the pain of the cut.

He grimaced at the pain, before pushing himself up and following the butterflies, limping just a little.

He followed the butterflies as the sun went down, and soon it was as dark as black, the little light from the occasional fireflies and the faint shine of the moon being the only thing lighting up his path.

He found himself stumbling often, but he made sure he'd never lose sight of the three butterflies. 

When they disappeared, he was incredibly saddened. But then the realization that he was lost dawned on him.

He hadn't known how long he'd been running, or even where he was. At night, all the trees looked the same.

But he heard muttering in the distance. Hoping for help, he followed the sound, his jaw-dropping when he realized he was standing in front of a formal and sleek-looking building, darker than the night sky.

It was flat, and probably one story, but upon further inspection, Tommy realized the doors only operated with a retina scan.

Without thinking twice, he waved his hand over the scanner. It flashed red, before he heard a loud siren blaring through the speaker.

He panicked, breaking for a run, but he hadn't gone far before he was stopped by a man. 

He was dressed in a slim black shirt and pants, a belt equipped with gadgets of all sorts, as well as what looked like a leather sash, with silver weapons. He had a black coat, the same color as the building, that trailed through the ground. But the most terrifying part was the mask he wore, a bright white mask with nothing but a black smile plastered onto it. The mask severely stood out from the rest of his clothes, and all Tommy could do was swallow down his fear.

"Hey little guy," the man in the mask said softly, but Tommy could hear the hint of condescendence in his voice.

Tommy didn't dare to speak a word, only trying to calculate how quickly he could get out of the situation he got himself into.

But when he looked back at the man in the mask, he felt something. 

Chills.

There were more people here.

"Are there other people here?" Tommy said with fear. The man and the mask tensed, before relaxing again.

"What do you mean, child, it is just me," the man said smoothly. But Tommy knew he was lying. He could feel the other people's presence.

"No, there are two other people here, I know of it."  Tommy glanced around the scene, it being hard enough seeing it was so dark, but his eye caught on something.

The end of a white bandana, from behind the tree.

"There!" Tommy shouted, pointing at the tree. When the man in the mask snapped his head in the direction of the people, Tommy tried to run.

"So, he can sense the presence of people and he's a prince?" the man in the mask asked, intrigued.

"A skill, one that could be helpful," Tommy heard another voice say. Before he realized it, someone grabbed onto him and placed a napkin over his mouth and nose.

Tommy slowly started to feel tired and collapsed in the person's hand.

"Bring him into the interrogation room, he could be of much use to us," Tommy heard, before his eyes closed and the darkness overtook him.

⊱⊱ ── {◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦} ── ⊰⊰

According to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later. 

Sometimes, Wattpad glitches out, so if you could just check, it would be Epic #VotePrime