chapter xiv

⊱⊱ ── { Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ } ── ⊰⊰

Three Years Ago:

"I'm so sorry Dream," he whispered. "I didn't mean for this to happen."

Dream squeezed his shoulder. "I know Toms. I know."

"What are we going to do?"

Dream thought over it for a second.

"I think, we won't panic just yet. Have more people on stand guard, and who would even have the perseverance to come this far into the forest?"

◆✧◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦✧◆

Wilbur made a breakthrough.

He found the location of the Academy.

Wilbur had been going about this all wrong the entire time.

He could never find enough time for his investigations, he'd never had a break long enough away from the castle to thoroughly look.

He'd go on foot, alone.

Something told him that it was the only way to maintain the safety of his child brother.

He'd spent the past three years looking, getting about 1000 meters into the forest, only to have to turn back to go home, knowing his break would be over and he'd have to return to his duties.

When he'd come back the next day, he'd have to repeat the same journey, traveling the same 1000 meters, hoping he could get farther into the forest, knowing all well that he wouldn't be able to, and he'd turn home empty handed.

So when he was finally able to get a break longer than 30 minutes, he set off into the forest.

Wilbur had taken a whole week off, heavily relying on his advisor, Niki, to take care of the kingdom while he was gone.

When she asked where he was going, he knew he couldn't tell her, and Niki had respected his wishes.

So now here he was.

Standing behind a tree, staring at a small black building, which nearly camouflaged with the night sky.

But when Wilbur lightly stomped on the ground, nearly 500 feet away from the building, he realized the ground was hallow.

His face contorted with fear at how large this academy was, or at least seemed to be, underground.

Wilbur took as many pictures as he could with the camera he had around his neck, trying to capture everything he could see.

The doors, the walls, the guards outside, the surroundings, just something that could help him identify this building that seemed to be much more technologically advanced than anything he'd ever seen before.

And then he ran, ran back to the castle.

To figure out where the hell his baby brother was.

◆✧◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦✧◆

Tommy was in the training field with Ranboo and Tubbo when his watch started beeping.

They were testing out Tubbo's newer inventions, proofing them so they could get them approved by Dream.

Tubbo had refined his rollerskates with rocket boosters, making it fully controllable by either Ranboo's computer, or Tommy's gloves he got from Dream.