chapter xxi

tw// manipulation (?)

⊱⊱ ── {◆✧◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦✧◆} ── ⊰⊰

When Tommy woke up on an actual bed and not a mattress on a floor, he was thrown off for a second. 

Then he remembered he was not at home.

Rubbing his eyes, albeit carefully to not accidentally scratch out his contacts, he sat upon the bed.

Tommy walked over to get the backpack that he brought, looking for something even though his mind wasn't awake enough to realize what exactly he was looking for.

He felt around the backpack, before his eyes widened.

He was a fucking idiot.

He forgot to bring clothes, out of all the things.

He looked down at what he was wearing at the moment, debating whether they would even notice if he wore the same thing for the rest of the week.

He could go and ask Niki for something to wear, she would probably lend him something.

He searched his bag once more, as if the clothes would just magically appear, dumping the contents on the floor.

He warily eyed the door as all the weapons he packed tumbled out, and if someone were to walk in at this exact moment, he would probably be dead.

Looking at the pile of everything but clothes on the ground, he sighed, carefully putting everything back in his bag and getting up to go beg Niki for something to wear.

He walked around aimlessly for a bit, until he found a room that looked like what Niki described to him.

He carefully knocked, and in a couple of seconds, the door was swung open, an inviting smile on Niki's face.

"Hey Tommy!" she smiled, motioning for him to come in. "How did you sleep?"

Tommy awkwardly walked in, before nodding. 

"It was different. I'm so used to sleeping on the floor that it was a sudden change," he answered honestly, and Niki shook her head in understanding.

"Ah yes, I couldn't blame you, adjusting to a new sleeping arrangement can be difficult. Now, what brings you here?"

Tommy blinked, before trying to figure out a way to phrase his question. 

"So, funny story. I forgot to bring clothes, and I didn't know who else to ask, so I came to you."

Niki was silent for a bit, before raising an eyebrow. "Well, that is definitely something most don't forget to bring when they plan on staying somewhere else for a while. And I'm not sure if you've noticed, but my closet isn't much other than different forms of gowns. I'm sure I could find a dress small enough to fit you."

Tommy's eyes widened. "You seriously don't have any... not dresses for me? Not that there is anything wrong with dresses I mean, but-"

Niki had already turned around, opening the door to her closet, stepping inside the room. 

Tommy wasn't sure if it was respectful to follow or not, so he awkwardly stood outside as Niki searched for something he could wear.

Eventually she came out, holding what looked like a bed sheet with sleeves and a neck hole.

"My old night gown," she supplied, handing it to him. Tommy stared at the dress with mild interest. 

Niki quickly added, "Only until we clean your old clothes, or have new ones tailored for you!"