chapter xxxii

tw// violence / murder / blood

⊱⊱ ── {◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦} ── ⊰⊰

"Tommy."

Techno's cold voice flooded the room.

"Yoooo, Techno, Tech, Techie, hey there big man, what's-"

Tommy cut himself off, eyes widening.

His instincts kicked in and he moved to the left.

A knife flew right past his face, barely missing him.

Techno narrowed his eyes.

"I saw you in the hallways. Looking around. Swiping at air."

Tommy swallowed.

Whoops.

Techno continued.

"And I thought it was nothing, right? Why would it be something? And then I remembered."

Tommy tensed.

"Remembered what ahaha?"

Techno narrowed his eyes.

"The manhunt comment you made. The leaving for four years, into the woods? The random fighting skills you gained over time, which were strikingly similar to an ex-friend of mine."

Tommy was in fact, panicking.

"Dream made you kill Phil, didn't he? You came here, to kill Phil."

Tommy faced Techno, in an elongated stare-off.

"Techno, you don't-"

"I knew it. I knew we couldn't trust you. I knew it the moment we found you. They believed your lies, they believed it. You thought you could fool us, couldn't you?"

Techno took a step forward, and Tommy took one backward.

"You never cared about any of us, you would never understand how happy he was to have you back in his life, after losing you for so long. I knew it. You were a burden back then, and now your back and you've killed my dad."

Tommy felt his breath knocked out of him at Techno's harsh words.

"Techno I promise this wasn't my original intention."

Techno glared, grabbing a sword.

"So what were your original intentions? Waltz back into our lives and then leave? You seemed awfully prepared for this."

"I had an agreement-"

"Imagine how hurt Wilbur would be to hear about thi-"

"He knows," Tommy whispered.

He could hear Techno's breath hitch, and all of a sudden, the room felt awfully smaller.

"He knew, he knows, and it was his wish to kill Phil. In the most painful way possible. I'm sorry for your loss Techno."

Techno scoffed, and Tommy lightly gripped the string holding him up.

"Wilbur would never want Phil dead. Unlike you, our dad actually loved us."

Tommy felt his heart clutch, he felt like throwing up.

"You don't know, and you won't ever know, because he's dead. Phil isn't the great guy you have in your head. I realized it when I was born, and Wilbur knew it too. It was his time to die, and-"