chapter iii

⊱⊱ ──── {◦◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦◦} ──── ⊰⊰

Dream led Tommy into his room, and Tommy instantly flopped on his bed, stomach first.

Dream chuckled at the boy, who already seemed way too comfortable in the academy despite being kidnapped. Although he wasn't complaining.

"So how were they, honestly?" Dream asked, removing his jacket. Now that the two boys weren't in the room anymore, Dream was curious to hear Tommy's honest opinions.

Tommy thought over his words, before sitting up on the bed. "Well, they were interesting per se. One of them was nice, the other one was very calm."

Dream smirked, mainly because he knew exactly who Tommy was talking about from the one-word descriptions.

"You know, when I said you were gonna be working with them, I wasn't joking."

Tommy stared at him curiously, Dream noticed his crown had fallen off his head and onto the bed.

"You're a prince right?" Dream asked, and Tommy gave him a small nod in reply. "Surely you've had some sort of experience with weapons?"

Tommy instantly lit up, much to Dream's surprise. "Yeah! My brother taught me how to use a sword and my other brother taught me how to use a bow when I was younger! It was so much fun, although I did suck with my aim, and I was like half my age so I barely knew how to hold a sword, but it was fun while it lasted."

Dream listened to the boy ramble on and on about how he learned to use weapons when he was younger, and although he was hesitant, Dream was compelled to ask, "So they don't teach you to use weapons anymore?"

Tommy's happy expression immediately fell and Dream frowned, regretting the way he phrased the question. 

"No, not anymore, they stopped wanting to do anything with me once I became like 5, I don't blame them, they had better things to do with their life." 

Dream noticed how Tommy's fingers curled into fists at his side.

Tommy looked like he had accepted this sentence as a fact, and Dream's heart broke on behalf of him.

God damnit he was getting too attached to this kid.

This is why you don't go around and kidnap children.

"Awh Toms," Dream frowned, hugging the boy who looked like he was holding back tears. Tommy melted into his side and holy shit he wanted to adopt this child.

"It's dumb too because I doubt they would even care that I was gone missing, the older one, the last time he talked to me was when I was six. My other brother says hi to me once a week though."

The two sat in silence.

"You know," Dream started, breaking the quietness. "I don't know how to use a sword, but I could teach you how to use a dagger."

Tommy's eyes lit up once again, and Dream literally congratulated himself quietly, proud that he was the one to make the boy excited.

"Really?" Tommy asked, looking up at him with wide eyes.

"I mean, you are in an assassin's academy, it would be stupid if I didn't teach you how to use weapons."

Tommy took in Dream's words with a polite nod, until Dream's sentence actually registered in his head.