chapter xix

tw// manipulation, gaslighting ?

⊱⊱ ── {◆✧◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦✧◆} ── ⊰⊰

"You want me to kill Phil."

Saying the sentence out loud made it even more unbelievable.

But the evil glint in Wilbur's eyes was more than enough confirmation.

"He needs to go, Tommy." Wilbur laughed, but it sounded deranged. "I have absolutely no free will here, none. Can't listen to music, can't talk to people. Must always listen to his rules, even if its stupid. I want free will, and the only way to get it is if he's dead."

"But-" Tommy's voice cracked. "But Wilbur-"

"But nothing." Wilbur dismissed. "I mean, he did raise me, so I guess you can make his death painless. I'm not a completely terrible person. You can do it whenever you were supposed to kill me, or whatever."

"But Wil-"

Wilbur cut Tommy off. "That gives you ten days, right? You're an assassin anyway, right? You kill people for money. And technically I'm paying you with freedom and mercy. So I think it sounds right about fair. Doesn't it?"

Tommy didn't move a muscle.

"You're right, it is very fair. I very much agree with myself, and I'm glad you agree with me too!"

"Wilbur wait-"

"I'm sure you have some sort of painless poison on you, right? You can slip it into his food, and I will help you escape. Now, I'm expecting an agreement, right? Unless you want the letter getting sent out, Tommy."

Tommy grabbed onto the fabric of his jacket, trying to ground himself, and before he could even think about it, he nodded.

"Well, I'm glad we've come to a conclusion!" 

Wilbur stepped back, the sickeningly sweet smile on his face morphing into a normal welcoming smile.

Tommy had to do a double-take, as Wilbur wrapped an arm around his shoulders and led him out of the guest bedroom.

"So how do you like your room?" he asked, as if nothing in the last few minutes even happened.

Before Tommy could even start to formulate a response, Wilbur continued. 

"Terribly sorry you couldn't have your old room back again, but if you ever do plan on staying here, then maybe we could make some adjustments!"

What was happening, why was Wilbur being so nice, is he hallucinating, what the fuck is happening??

"I'm so glad you came by to visit, Tommy," Wilbur looked at him dead in the eyes, a warm and inviting gaze. "I missed my little brother."

Tommy thought he might go crazy. 

"I... missed you too?" he tried, hoping it sounded more like a statement and not a question. If Wilbur noticed, he didn't lead on.

"I bet you missed Techno and Phil as well!" 

The way Wilbur's face lit up when he talked about Phil and Techno scared him. 

"Wh- why... Wilbur... what?" Tommy felt confused, but mainly uncomfortable.

"What's wrong, Tommy?" Wilbur's eyes looked completely innocent, as if he didn't just talk about plotting his own father's death.

Maybe Tommy did imagine the entire thing... what the fuck.

"Sorry I think I'm just tired, long trip here you know?" Tommy lied, and if on cue, he yawned. 

Wilbur turned to Tommy. "Well if you want to skip dinner... that's fine I guess. I was really excited to have dinner with you and the rest of our family, just like old times ey? But I guess if you can't even do that for me then..." Wilbur frowned, trailing off.

"No no- no that's not it," Tommy assured. "I'll come with you to dinner."

"Oh, that makes me very happy, Tommy! Glad you are up and going to join us!"

Tommy nervously laughed, nodding along. Now George may have trained him with a lot of different acting scenarios, but Tommy wasn't sure if it was him that was going crazy, or if it was Wilbur.

Tommy decided to test his luck.

"Wilbur, sorry if I sound crazy or something... but what- what did we talk about when you came to my room? Like when Niki left? I have a really bad memory aha."

Wilbur looked at him, confused. "What do you mean? I stopped by your room, we chatted for a bit about where you've been, and now we're here? Are you feeling okay?"

Tommy swallowed, he couldn't tell if he wasn't breathing or if he was breathing rapidly.

"Yes, but what did I tell you, about where I was?"

Wilbur's eyes darkened, but just as fast as it came, it left. "You told me you were in a village, right?"

Tommy coughed, before straightening up. "Yeah, that's exactly where I was. I just wasn't sure if I had already told it to you or not, of course."

Wilbur nodded, accepting his answer. "Of course, if that was all you meant." 

Tommy nodded, but his mind was running at a speed faster than lightning.

Was he being manipulated right now?

Was he being led to some sort of murder chamber?

Or was he actually going insane?

But then, Wilbur smiled, and he removed his hand from Tommy's shoulder, reaching into his pocket.

He pulled out a sheet of paper and a pencil, frowning as he scribbled something down, before folding the paper.

He handed it to Tommy, carefully placing it in his palms. "Why don't you go to the bathroom, and freshen up before we head to the dining room? It's still in the same place as before, so I will meet you there!" 

Tommy nodded blankly, before walking to the bathroom.

What the hell was happening.

When he got into the bathroom and locked the door, he opened the note, begging for some sort of explanation.

And... he got it, he guesses.

"Be careful, Phil has security cameras everywhere after he caught me practicing music. You better be discreet, or else... maybe I'll release the letter a little early. And I'm sorry we got off on such a bad foot, I'll be looking forward to reuniting with you! - Love, Wilbur <3"

⊱⊱ ── {◆✧◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦✧◆} ── ⊰⊰

According to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later.

Sometimes, Wattpad glitches out, so if you could just check, it would be Epic #VotePrime