chapter xxvii

tw// this chapter might be much, and i cant explain why without spoiling it, but stay safe and ill explain what happens in the comments <33

⊱⊱ ── { Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ } ── ⊰⊰

Tommy turned around, and everything around him seemed to slow.

"Wilbur. Hi."

Wilbur didn't say anything at first, choosing to close and lock the door instead.

After they heard the click, Wilbur's head snapped to them.

"Tommy. Why are you in here."

Tommy laughed nervously.

"Will, Wil, I recruited me a friend to help us. Don't worry, she's on our side."

Wilbur continued to stare, and Tommy swallowed.

Drista stepped up.

"Hi, I'm Dris-"

"Tommy."

Drista faltered, stepping towards Tommy.

She carefully placed Fundy back in his crib.

Tommy put his hands out.

"Wil, you-"

Wilbur cut him off.

"Did you not think..." 

Wilbur stepped towards them once more.

"I told you there were cameras here Tommy. Did I not?"

Tommy could quite literally hear his heart beat in his ears.

"I don't think I-"

"You two were talking about Dream, weren't you? Dream and his relationship with you."

Wilbur took a deep breath.

"You were lucky I was there at the cameras. And not Phil."

Tommy apologized furiously.

"I know Wil, I was just trying to-"

Wilbur cut him off.

Again.

"Toms," he crooned, voice sickeningly sweet. 

He looked Drista down and over.

"Who is she?"

"Wil, I think she could hel-" 

Tommy looked up, meeting Wilbur's eyes.

And his heart dropped.

Wilbur stared at him, eyes blown wide. 

A glint of insane flashed through his eyes, and he took a step forward.

Tommy swallowed, taking a step back in return.

He could feel Drista's grip on his wrist.

Fundy let out a quiet whine, almost deaf to the normal ear.

"Wilbur...?" 

"I never gave you permission, to tell anyone about this, Tommy."

Wilbur's voice dropped, and he cocked his head to the side with a sad smile.

"So what made you think you could?"

Tommy took a step back again, eyes wavering to Drista.

She looked terrified, her eyes focused on Wilbur.

He shook her hand in an attempt to get her attention, but it didn't work.

Instead, her face drained.

Tommy followed her gaze slowly back towards Wilbur.

And it was then, when Tommy realized her eyes weren't focused on Wilbur himself.

They were focused on Wilbur's hand.

Which was loosely holding a knife.

When did Wilbur get so close to them?

Tommy looked at Wilbur's deranged smile, and nothing was registering in his brain.

Until all of a sudden,

It did.

He'd think he felt her hand loosen around his wrist before he heard the blood-curdling scream.

He'd think it took him too long to realize he was the one screaming.

And he'd think he would never have wanted to have heard the thud beside him.

And he'd never had been more afraid of Wilbur, until now.

Tommy felt his legs give out in shock, leaning against the wall slowly. 

Whatever trance Wilbur was in had vanished, and his face fell back into its usual calm and professional smile.

Tommy looked down at Drista, who was bleeding out from the chest, before instantly falling at her side.

"Drista? Drista, Drista wake up-" 

Tommy shook her body carefully, breaths growing faster and more shallow by the second.

"I'm-" 

Drista broke out into coughs, and Tommy watched as blood trickled down her lips.

"No- no nonnono no this can't be happening no-"

Drista cut him off, eyes wavering shut.

"Tell Dream I'm sorry for me."

She coughed.

"Please."

Tommy felt like screaming, as he watched her eyes shut, and not reopen again.

He stared at her lifeless face, before looking up at Wilbur with unmatched fear and anger.

"You-"

Tommy couldn't even get a word in before Wilbur shrugged dismissively, assessing her dead body.

"I'll have someone clean this up."

He paused, looking at the body again.

"She was just a cook anyway."

Tommy couldn't move as Wilbur moved to leave the room, and he couldn't breathe as Wilbur stopped right at the door.

"Let this be a warning for you, Tommy."

Tommy watched as Wilbur disappeared, before grabbing onto Drista's lifeless hand tightly.

And Tommy cried.

⊱⊱ ── { Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ } ── ⊰⊰

it would be so cool if u followed my tiktok because I'm so cool like that (mimignf)

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later.

Sometimes, Wattpad glitches out, so if you could just check, it would be Epic #VotePrime