chapter xi

⊱⊱ ── {◆✧◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦✧◆} ── ⊰⊰

Wilbur's eyes washed over the crowd that stood below him, below the castle balcony he was soon to be crowned on.

Standing on, along with Techno, who was fully suited up in the castle's armor wear, along with four other guards.

Wilbur overheard that Techno was only here because he was forced to be on stand-by; he was here for protection rather than here for Wilbur.

He often wondered, at moments like these, if this is how his little brother felt most of the time.

Those heart-crushing moments, that Wilbur only has to experience once a lifetime, his little brother had to face his entire life.

He shook his head, taking a deep breath.

Ever since his argument, if you could call it that, with Techno, Tommy popped up everywhere.

In his mind, in his work, in the empty hallways...

In his songs.

In his private songs he'd started making for himself, small little tunes he would have as to not lose touch of the only part of him he loved.

He took his first step out onto the balcony.

He heard the people below him cheer, cheer out his name.

He could swear he saw his little brother amongst the crowds, yet he shook his head.

He was going insane.

He stared down at the crowd of people.

The people, the kingdom, soon to be his kingdom, he was soon to be king.

King.

The words stayed bitter on his tongue, left a terrible aftertaste.

He took a second step towards the edge of the balcony.

One merely worsened by his father, who was standing off to the left. He wore his crown, soon to be Wilbur's crown, with a smile.

Why was Wilbur only now seeing how fake it was?

Wilbur took his third step towards the edge of the balcony.

There were two guards on either side of him, Techno stood on his right.

Wilbur stared at him.

Techno met his gaze.

Wilbur's soft smile was met with a dull nod.

His smile fell.

He took his fourth step.

He was practically pressed up against the railing, as he leaned forwards.

He quite liked the cool air of the Antarctic Empire; it gave him a boost of confidence.

He could hear Phil's voice ringing in the background, as he droned on about the responsibilities Wilbur would have (and celebrations the people would have) this wondrous and eventful day.

Wilbur had to hold back rolling his eyes.

He'd already practiced the entire coronation.

He only ever did have three things to do anyways.

He'd walk to the balcony and stand there, as Phil gave a speech. He would get down on one knee, and eventually, afterwords, swears, and promises to make the empire stronger, he'd be crowned. And then he'd have to give his thank you speech.