chapter xvi

Sorry guys, school sucks and I literally had no free time to write this, but finally its out aha tell me about ur week.

tw// mentions of violence

⊱⊱ ── {◆✧◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦✧◆} ── ⊰⊰

Simple.

This was going to be simple.

That's what Tommy repeated to himself as George talked him through walked him through the ethics of being a prince, which Tommy had sort of... dropped during his time at the academy.

That's what Tommy repeated to himself as Sapnap equipped him with 8 secret weapons and fixed his earpiece and got him ready to defend himself if anything went wrong.

That's what Tommy repeated to himself as Dream talked him through the plan, again, for the hundredth time, and practically cried and fussed over him like he did every time Tommy left.

And that was what Tommy repeated to himself as he was dropped off halfway to the castle, as to not alert any suspicions, and as he walked through the forest to go kill his 'brother.'

He's got this!

He's so totally got this, because he is the biggest man in existence.

It's not like there are a million ways this could go wrong and a thousand of them end up with Tommy dying.

No no, he tried to push that thought away.

It will be quick, he has like, ten days to gain the trust of the entire castle, then completely backstab them and kill their king, but it will be A-okay because then he can escape and go back to his new but normal life at the academy and it will be a happily ever after.

For him.

If everything goes to plan.

He walked what felt like forever, until he finally reached the town.

And then he froze.

Because for some reason, the minute he stepped foot into the empire's town square, his earpiece started to buzz.

He walked backward just a bit, stepping out of the empire's borders, and the buzzing noise stopped but when he stepped back into the empire, it started again and fuck was it too late to turn back and not do this?

Because he would very much prefer if he could have some form of contact with the academy, but alas, the empire had some weird border around it, and god, Tommy was properly fucked.

It's okay though, he still got this.

He has to do this, so that Dream and Sapnap, and George will forgive him for accidentally leading Wilbur to the academy-

(Though let's be honest, he knows they've already forgiven him anyways, he's more doing this to prove to himself he isn't a burden to them)

It's okay though, it will be simple!

Simple, yes.

Tommy walked through the towns square, watching the merchants and the families all happily interact with each other and all Tommy could think about was how he was going back to the family who didn't care about him enough to do that with him, and he had to push those thoughts out of his head.

Who knows, maybe they've changed?

I mean, Wilbur seemed like he was deadset on finding Tommy, maybe he cares now.