chapter xvii

⊱⊱ ──── {◦◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦◦} ──── ⊰⊰

"Miss Niki? And who might this be?" Phil asked, staring down at the young boy. 

"Do you not recognize your own blood?" Niki asked with a glare. Tommy smiled, he was glad Niki still stood up for people against Phil. 

Wilbur sat on the throne, stunned to his seat, and Techno's face stared through his soul, unrecognizable.

No one spoke, and to be honest, it was quite awkward.

What was Tommy even supposed to say?

"Wassup, just visiting, may or may not have a scheme to murder one of the three men in this room ahaha."

Now that would probably be a very bad way to enter. Instead, Tommy put on a fake smile, and bowed.

"Ell- sorry... Hello, your Majesties."

Wilbur blinked, as one does when the brother they'd spent 3 years hunting down randomly shows up at your kingdom, in front of you.

After receiving nothing but more awkward silence, Tommy turns to Niki, lost at what to do. 

Niki was still intensely glaring at Phil, good woman she is.

"So... uh, your Majesties, or, like- well... okay but like, and well- okay..." Tommy cut himself off, cringing at the awkwardness but also inwardly smiling at how he'd picked up one of Dream's mannerisms.

After even more stunned silence, Tommy decided that he couldn't take it anymore.

"This is so awkward Niki-"

He was cut off with a stern, "Address her properly," from Phil.

Lame.

"... Miss Niki, I think we might leave," Tommy smiled falsely, tugging on Niki's sleeve. Man, what he would do for a Ranboo or Tubbo hug right about now.

Niki shook her head instead. "Come on Wilbur! Don't tell me you spent years searching for Tommy, only to immediately turn him down when you finally find him!?"

Wilbur seemed to snap out of whatever trance he was in, before swallowing. 

"Um... hello Tommy," Wilbur tried, clearing his throat.

Phil rolled his eyes. "You can't seriously believe that's Tommy, can you? Tommy's dead, we've been over this."

Tommy was about to stab a fuc-

Okay, deep breaths.

"Chill, Phil," Tommy said instead, nearly snorting after seeing the glare he got in response from Phil, Techno, and the guard. "Sorry sorry... Chill Retired Kingman Phil man," he corrected.

"Okay, that's it," Phil snapped, standing up. "Get this boy out of the castle at once. I will not stand for this disrespect."

Wilbur, who seemed to finally comprehend everything, stared at the guard who had grabbed Tommy. 

"Then fucking sit, Phil. Guard, release him."

The guard man, although he looked conflicted, let go of Tommy's shoulder, as he gaped at Wilbur.

Wilbur stood up for him? Maybe Wilbur wasn't all that bad.

I guess people do change like the tides in the ocean.