chapter v

⊱⊱ ──── {◦◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦◦} ──── ⊰⊰

When Tommy woke up, he didn't expect Dream to be hovering over his mattress excitedly.

"GOOD MORNING!" Dream shouted into his ear, causing him to wince. He turned to his clock with a frown.

"Dream. It is six in the morning."

Dream only smiled back, dragging Tommy off the floor by his wrists. "Exactly, sleepyhead. You've slept in, but now you're awake!"

All of Tommy's mind was genuinely questioning Dream's sanity, but he was too exhausted to speak up on it.

"I have not slept in."

"You have so slept in. But its okay because I have a gift for you!" 

Dream let go off Tommy's wrists, and the sudden action threw Tommy off his balance, forcing him to slam back onto his mattress.

Not that he was complaining. 

He pull the blankets back over his head and tried to go back to sleep.

Key word, tried.

Because Dream grabbed the blankets and flat out threw it out the window.

"No going back to sleep child. Not when I have a present for you!"

Tommy watched in despair as his blanket fell down the building slowly, before groaning and slamming his head into his pillow.

"Let me sleep Dream."

Dream pouted, crossing his arms across his chest.

"You are being so mean right now."

Tommy pulled his pillow over his head, hoping to be able to go back to sleep when he heard Dream sniffle.

Tommy threw the pillow off his head and sat up, looking at Dream in worry.

"Are you crying?" he asked concerned, only to glare when Dream started to laugh.

"You... you've tricked me," Tommy scoffed, with fake hurt. He looked back at his bed. 

Now he didn't have his blanket or his pillow.

Oh well.

He leaned back on his mattress and closed his eyes, only to be dragged out of bed again.

"WAKE UP AND TAKE YOUR PRESENT PLEASE," Dream begged.

"Fine" Tommy grumbled, standing up and walking to the window, in hopes to get his blanket.

Luckily, since they were on the first floor, it was within arms reach. He quickly grabbed it and wrapped the blanket around his shoulders, kinda like his cape.

"What's the present?" Tommy asked, rubbing his eyes so he could look at least half as awake as Dream was.

"Well, I know how much you hate having to wear my jacket," Dream started, walking to the closet.

On the inside, Tommy really didn't hate having to wear Dream's jacket, and Tommy really didn't mind the sweater paws, and Tommy kinda liked having the jacket because it reminded him of when he used to steal his brothers' clothes when he was younger, but he would never admit that.

"Yeah, it sucks," Tommy smiled, and Dream rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, guess what?"

Tommy looked at Dream, who was giddy with anticipation.