chapter xxiv

i'm starting to realize this is in a slightly different style of writing than what you guys are used to. i've been doing this script writing contest and i think i might have formatted this chapter the way i format scripts but I'm trying to fix it bear with me :')

⊱⊱ ── {◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦} ── ⊰⊰

When Wilbur brought Tommy back to the castle, he ran to his room and locked the door, heart racing.

Because holy crap, Tommy's never felt so weak before.

It was slowly dawning on him that Wilbur could control everything he did and didn't do, because of a stupid mistake he brought on himself.

Tommy could hear his heartbeat in his ears, and he slowly sat down on his bed, hugging his knees.

Wilbur was right, Dream would probably think Tommy was being so weak right now.

He had to prove himself.

In a fury, Tommy pushed himself off his bed and towards his closet. 

If Wilbur wanted Phil to die in agony, then Tommy would make it the most painful death he could muster.

Wilbur said his jacket was washed and placed next to his bag.

Yet, when he walked to the place he hung his backpack, his face paled.

His backpack, and jacket, was gone.

Fuck.

In a panic, he left his room.

What if a servant... or Phil or Techno found his bag?

Or worse, what if Wilbur found his bag, and was going to kill Phil himself?

Tommy wiped his hands nervously on his pants. 

In his hurry, he didn't even notice he walked right into Niki.

Both of them stumbled backward, and Niki grabbed Tommy's shoulders to balance them both.

"Hey there," she said with a kind smile. "Where are you heading?"

"Uh... the dining room. Yes, the dining room. I'm really hungry."

"Well then, go ahead, get something to eat. You know where it is, yeah?" 

Tommy nodded and she smiled, ruffling his hair.

"Okay then, have a good breakfast Tommy, I got to go get something done for Wilbur."

Tommy only slightly flinched at the name, but before Niki could question it, he ran off, towards the dining room.

On cue, his stomach rumbled.

Maybe he would get a snack.

Upon walking into the dining hall, he realized it was fate because he made direct eye contact with a girl, around his age.

Wearing his jacket.

Tommy narrowed his eyes.

"That's my jacket."

The girl looked up at him, and Tommy raised an eyebrow at the mask she wore over her mouth and nose. 

She stared straight through him.

"Is it? I don't think so."

She held Tommy's stare and he tensed up. 

"Give me back my jacket."