•Chapter 31 #Part.2

≈Miami, FL...

(6:28 p.m

Sancy had left one hour ago and now Cora decided that it was the perfect time to take a nap. She just had finished some work for the club and it got her tired. While she was laying down on the couch in the living room, she couldn't help but think about the conversation she had with her big sister earlier. Was it really a good idea to speak with Cameron ? Maybe she shouldn't. She shook her head trying to get all the thoughts go away from her mind so she could relax.

She closed her eyes for five minutes and the doorbell rang. She sighed and got up to answer the front door. And there were standing the twins and Kalvin, that had a bag in his hand. It was food from Burger King and Cora's stomach immediately started making noise indicating that it wanted to eat right now.

"Hey ! How are you ? Did you have fun ? " She greeted them moving to the side so they could enter in. The four walked in the living room and settled down.

"Yes, we talked a bit and then we played 2K15. We beat Terry all the times." Almar answered smiling. 

"Yeah, it was fun ! Next time you should come mummy." Acacia suggested taking the remote on the coffee table. 

Cora nodded her head, "That's great. Uh...babies, can you go upstairs please ? Kalvin and I have to talk." The twins did as she said and in less than one minute the two adults were alone with the television as the only sound. 

The two sighed avoiding eye contact, "Uh...I'm sorry." She finally apologized shyly. She was nervous, because she didn't know how he was going to react. She saw the hurt in his eyes that night and it was a pain to her heart to know that she caused it. It was the last thing she wanted to do, "I should've not said all these horrible things. I should've not threatened you to take your child away. I'm sorry for treating you like...if you were him. I...I didn't realize how much I hurt you and I'm truly sorry." She added to her apology.

He beamed, "Thanks, I appreciate it. Listen, I know you didn't do that on purpose. I know it wasn't really against me. I...I forgive you. And I want to apologize also, for scaring you. I should've kept calm and tried to ease the tension, but I just throw more fire into this and fortunately none of us said something more outrageous than what we said."

Cora grinned, "Okay. Let's turn the page then. Uh...what did you and the kids talk about ? " She asked curiously. 

"Oh, about me leaving and they got mad because of what Cameron did." 

"Oh...What did they say exactly ? " 

"Don't worry, it's normal. I mean, he wasn't there, he had never been and when he appeared for the first time, he kidnaps one of them, so of course they will be angry and...want to take revenge, but...I told them to focus on being great in their lives and to accomplish their dreams because that's the best revenge they'll have and Cameron will realized one day what he missed out and he will regret it, but the twins will be out there shining not even thinking about him because...he doesn't deserve it. Don't worry, they'll be fine."