•Chapter 54

≈Miami, FL…

(11:53 p.m)

"So, how was it ? " Cora asked as Kalvin settled next to her in the bed. 

He put his arm around her and she placed her head on his chest, "It was…interesting. Thanks for suggesting this to Kalia." 

She smiled, "You're welcome. I wanted to talk about this with you, but then I thought that I would have more chance with Kalia. So, you're feeling better ? "

He nodded his head, "Yes, definitely. We talked about all of our problems that we accumulated within the past years, the fact that I'm not biologically related to my mother and about our father too."

"Oh ! " She raised her brow, "She's not just Donya anymore ? "

He chuckled, "Really funny, Coco. But yeah, she's my mummy again. I love her, I can't help it but love her unconditionally. And I'm grateful for her." 

"Did you tell her that ? " She asked curiously.

"Of course." He kissed her forehead, "And I'm grateful for you and the twins also." He said making her giggle, "And let's not forget about baby girl." He touched her belly tenderly and then started massaging it.

"The twins have already some names for their little sister." 

"They told you ? "

She shook her head, "No. They want to reveal them at the baby shower. It'll be their personal surprise for us and the baby. And they even have a favourite one."

"And you really got nothing from them ? Damn, Cora ! It's our child, we have to make sure her name won't suck." He said with a joke tone.

She laughed, "It's not because they tried to 'kill' you that they will do their sister like that. They got this, don't worry." 

"But I'm not worried." 

"Whatever, Mr.Ryans." 

He grinned, "It's been awhile since you called me like this." He checked the time of the alarm clock and see that it was finally midnight. He smiled, "Happy birthday, beautiful ! " He kissed her cheek, then her nose causing her to giggle. 

"Thank you ! So, where are my gifts ? "

He playfully smacked his lips, "That's like that, huh ? And damn ! Are ? My gifts ? I only have on thing, baby mama. But it's big though. Is it alright with the queen ? "

She hummed acting like she was seriously thinking about it, "We're cool, we're cool. Let me see that now though. I can't wait now." 

He laughed, "Ooooookaaaaaay ! But you have to let me get out of the bed." She moved and he got up, then went in the guest room quickly for the gift and he came back in her bedroom closing the door behind him, "Here." He handed her the well wrapped box.

She looked at him wondering what he got her and then opened her gift. She stopped for a moment not believing he actually got a thing for her, "I…You didn't have to do this, you know." 

He beamed, "I know. I never have to do something nice, but I'm doing it anyways because I care for you. C'mon, finish to open it." 

She grinned and did. It was a beautiful Badgley Mischka with Swarovski crystal accented rose gold tone bangle watch. She loved it, "That's awesome ! Thank you so much ! " She hugged him tightly. 

"You're welcome and it's only the beginning." He let her know smirking. 

She frowned, "What ? " And suddenly there was a knock on the door, "Come in." 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU PRETTY MOTHER ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ! AND MANY MORE ! " They sang screaming and added a bit of the gospel version at the end. 

Cora laughed at them shaking her head, "Thanks my babies ! " She motioned for them to come towards her so she could hug them and attack them with kisses too. 

Kalvin smiled and snapped a picture. 

.

.

.

 (11:47 a.m)

Cora yawned as a certain smell was entering in her nose. It smelt like good food. She rubbed her eyes and they blinked adjusting to the little light there was in her bedroom. She then stretched and finally noticed that she was only in a bed. Last night she fell asleep with her children and Kalvin next to her though. She looked around and effectively she was really alone. 

She shrugged and went in the bathroom to get ready for the day. After that she went downstairs. She remembered smelling delicious food, so she went directly in the kitchen and there were Kalvin and the twins finishing to cook the breakfast. She saw plates and in it there were pancakes with butter and syrup -except for one- eggs and a fruit salad. In addition there was juice.

"Good morning, birthday queen." Kalvin greeted her with a peck on the lips. 

"Ew ! " They heard the twins and chuckled. 

"Good morning everybody. Ouch ! " She suddenly felt a quick pain going through her stomach causing her to bend a little. 

"Are you okay ? " He asked about to start panicking. 

She straightened up, "Ye-Ouch ! " She frowned knowing this already and then she knew exactly what it was, "I'm fine. It's just the baby. She finally decided to kick. Put your hand here." She took his right wrist and placed his hand on her belly, "Wait just a minute, I'm sure she's going to do it again." 

And not even one minute but forty seconds later, the baby girl kicked for the third time. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =)

•A/N: I know it's really short, but since I'm giving y'all decent chapters since the beginning, a little filler won't hurt lol But we're definitely NOT done with the Queen's birthday ! You'll have more in the next chapter.

So…as I said before, we're almost at the end. And I asked where I should stop the story between 55 chap. and 60 chap some weeks ago, but…before the very end, what left is the 2nd part of Cora's b-day, the BABY SHOWER and finally the BIRTH -omg ! - and I think six chapters will be too much for that. So there would be only three chapters left plus the epilogue. But I want to know what do y'all think about this though. 

It would be really cool to have your opinion on it 😊

Thanks for reading guys 💋❤❤

And sorry for the mistakes.