•Chapter 50

≈Miami, FL…

(5:38 p.m)

"Well…he's not really your brother." 

He had never put his hands on a woman before and had never planned to do it, but she was testing his patience for real. And he didn't care that she was his biological mother. This woman was nothing to him. 

"What do you mean ? " He asked completely turning around, "Who is he then ? You have the same surname ! "

"Uh…Well…After losing my baby, so you, I…I lost a little bit my mind too…and so…since I wanted a baby to…replace…you…so…Uh…I did the same…they did to me…Uh…"

Kalia gasped, "So you stole a baby ?! Are you crazy ?! "

"I was unstable an-"

"And you ruined the life of an innocent child ! " Donya screamed pointing her finger at her accusingly, "At least, we gave a better life to Kalvin ! And we didn't steal him from you since he is also Xavier's ! And I adopted him as my own ! " She walked towards Kal, "Baby…"

He raised his hand motioning for her to stop talking, "I don't want to hear more about all this bullshit. Don't call me or whatever, I'll contact you. And it's the same for you." He pointed Mandy who smiled immediately, "It doesn't mean we're going to be a family ! I just want some answers and explanation, but just not right now. Bye ! " And he finally left with a lot in his mind.

He couldn't believe it, even if he knew that it was reality. 

.

.

.

"So, how was it ? " Cora asked when he entered in her room. She closed her book and placed it on the nightstand. She looked at Kalvin who didn't answer to her. She could tell, his mind was somewhere else, "Are you okay ? " She was worried now. 

He sat next to her on the bed, "I…" He sighed as he felt that he was getting emotional, "…I…They all lied to me…all this time…I was someone that I am not really…" He shrugged, "…Actually, I don't…know…who I am anymore." 

She frowned wondering what he was talking about, but then she got it. Her mouth opened widely in shock. She didn't know what to say. She had never been in this situation before, "So…Uh…It's true ? "

He slowly nodded his head, "Donya is not my mother, but this Mandy and she stole Cameron when he was a baby and raised him or something like that." 

Her eyes almost popped out of her head, "I…Yo-Uh-He-You-I- WHAT ?! "

"I still don't know everything in details, but yeah, these two women have the tendency to take kids away from their biological mother. Oh ! And my father was a woman beater and…Oh yeah ! They let our uncle Renny, by the way who was one of my favourite uncles, raped Kalia when she was only ten. And this bastard was still coming to our BBQ acting like he had done nothing. I understand better Kalia's behavior now. It had always seemed like something happened between her and 'our parents' and she became more distant with them and it was so awkward when uncle Renny was in the same room as her, now that I think about it. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT ! " He finished his rant screaming and startling her by the same occasion.