•Chapter 23

≈Miami, FL...

(8:47 a.m)

"So, I have a serious question. Did you hear mummy scream last night ? " Almar asked innocently not knowing that he caused someone's heart in the car to almost explode out of his chest.

Aw shit ! Kalvin braked violently definitely taken by surprise. He wasn't expecting one of the kids to say that. They did all in their power to be as quiet as possible last night, but it seemed like they didn't really succeed doing it. 

"OH ! Kal, what is wrong with you this morning ?! " Acacia asked still a little shaken. The car stopped so brutally, she thoughts she was going to die in less than one minute and saw all her ten years pass in front of her. She was scared for her life and she didn't like to feel like it. 

"Almar, what did you hear exactly ? What was she...Uh...Was she screaming something, like some words ? And was it all you heard ? " He questioned the young boy completely ignoring the other twin. 

Almar shrugged, "Well...I was still sleeping, so I think I was surely dreaming. It wasn't really clear. Don't worry." He said reassuring Kal without knowing it. The poor man thought that he shocked the kid forever. He felt so relieved now. 

But he couldn't be 100 percent though. Not just yet, "And you Tac ? Did you hear something ? " He turned his attention towards Acacia.

She shook her head, "No ! Now, can you drive us to school, please ? We're already late and you told us that we were going to be on time. I conclude that you're a liar." 

He smacked his teeth and started driving again. Fortunately he was alone on the road right now. After ten minutes, they finally arrived in front of the school. Kalvin turned the engine off and turned around to face them, "I'm coming with y'all to explain everything to your teacher." He announced them causing a little frown to appear on Acacia's face. He rolled his eyes. There was always something with her, "What's now ? " 

"Well, we didn't recognize you the first day we met because we're not groupies, but some kids out there did notice you and since then, they can't stop asking us about you and how we know you and blah blah blah, so I think it's a very bad idea if you come with us. Don't worry, we'll be alright." She answered with her arms folded and looking at him.

Her brother nodded his head in agreement, "Yeah. They even wanted us to ask you to do a meet and greet with you and the others players if it's possible." He added shaking his head still not believing it. The others kids were all of sudden coming towards him and absolutely wanted to be friends with him. Usually, they leaved him alone and let him have his own space like he loved having it. Actually, people in general annoyed him.

Kalvin sighed, "Okay. But if there is a problem, just tell him or her to call me, well your mother, and they'll have an explanation. I guess, it's time for y'all to go now. Have a nice day." 

They smiled, "Thanks, you too." And with that said, they got out of the car and then ran in the building. Kalvin watched them making sure they entered in safely before to go back home.