•Chapter 20

≈Miami, FL...

{ One Week Later | (1:23 p.m) }

"Okay...Uh...You have my number if you need something...Uh...my mom's too..." 

Kalvin rolled his eyes playfully at her, "You need to relax. We'll be fine, Cora. Don't worry. I'm responsible and you can trust me with your kids. Anyways, you already leave us alone." He said reassuring her. It's been one week since he was living with Cora and the twins and things went smoothly. They all got to know each other more and got closer also. 

"Yeah, but...I won't be in town for two days. Maybe, I should cancel it." Cora had to go in New York for her business. A company wanted to use her club for celebrating the release of their new product. The CEO was really busy and couldn't come, so she proposed to offer her the travel, also as the hotel room and anything she needed, so she could come herself, see the product and they could talk more about that party. Cora was hesitating at first, but Sancy, who was with her when she received the call, encouraged her to do this. It was an opportunity she couldn't miss.

As her mother was herself out of town, she couldn't watch the kids. Halley and Latoya were busy too and Sancy had a lot of work to do. Her last option was Kalvin. She knew her children were safe with him, but she was a mama bear and couldn't help but being worried to leave them. 

Kalvin shook his head, "No. Go and do your things. Look, we're gonna call you to say good night and good morning and even in the middle of the day, okay ? "

She nodded her head, "And send me one or two pictures too." She added looking at him with a smile. 

He chuckled, "Okay. Now go before to miss your flight. And good luck. Call when you land." He said hugging her. She hugged him back and when they pulled away, she kissed his cheek. 

Kalvin beamed waving at her, then he took a deep breath praying God for everything to be alright. 

.

.

.

(3:07 p.m

"Hey, Kal ! " The twins greeted him in unison. 

"Hey, monkeys ! " He greeted them back, causing the kids to make a grimace as they were getting in the car. 

"No, we don't like that nickname either. Think about something else, Mr.Ryans." Acacia said chuckling.

"Aw. Well, what about...Uh...Tic and Tac ? Oh yeah, I like it." 

"No ! " They exclaimed at the same time. 

He smirked, "Hey, be quiet back there. So, do y'all have homework ? " He asked starting driving. 

They groaned in annoyance, "Yes." 

Kalvin laughed, "I went through it, don't worry, you'll be fine."