•Chapter 27

≈Miami, FL...

(8:01 p.m)

"Mummy, we can't walk until home, it's way too far." Almar whined stopping. 

"Almar, you better walk ! "

He sighed, "But muuuum ! Let's go back there, with Kalvin. Please, mummy." Then a black car pulled next to them.

"Cora, c'mon, stop that bull ! "

"Thank you Jesus ! " Almar shouted happily and got in the car in the backseat. Contrary to Cora, who started walking again with her arms folded. She didn't want to be near Kalvin. She wanted him to leave her alone. 

"CORA ! " He called her name running after her. Why was she acting this way ? He couldn't understand.  What had happened ? What was wrong with her ? He knew the situation wasn't easy for her, but it wasn't a reason to treat him like that. 

"Leave me alone ! " She yelled at him as tears were coming again. Why couldn't she stop crying ? These damn hormones ! She was only two months and one week pregnant and the pregnancy was already too intense. When she was carrying the twins, the first months were a beautiful wander.

Suddenly, she felt someone grabbed her arm and she was turned around, "Stop ! Calm down ! " He screamed causing her to look at him like he was an alien. Who did he think he was ?

She snatched her arm out of his grip. He wasn't hurting her, but she didn't want him to touch her for some reason, "Lower your voice when you're talking to me, Kalvin ! Watch your tone ! "

He took a deep breath, "We...Acacia needs us right now and we're here fighting for stupid shit. And you're trippin' for real. Cora, since we know each other, I had always been a good person and I had a lot of reasons to get completely crazy, but no I kept calm no matter what." He was referring to the time the kids gave his car away, "To do short, I am NOT him. I am NOT Cameron. Everything he had done to you, I will never do this to you and why ? Because I had enough common sense to know what I should or not, have or not, must or not fucking do. I know I'm not perfect and of course I will mess up sometimes, but I will never hurt you like he did. Never. Stop comparing me to him. Every man on this earth is NOT that bastard. Now, can you get in the car, so we can search Tac." 

She chuckled through her tears, "Tac ? " She asked curiously. 

"Acacia and Almar is Tic. C'mon." As they were about to go towards his car, his phone rang in his pocket. He pulled it out and answered hoping hearing something good, "If you have nothing positive to say, just hang up man." He warmed Terry at the other end of the line. 

"Uh...Nelson and his two friends met one of Cameron's friends, or should I say acquaintances." He began to inform his friend. 

"And what happened ? "

"Well, he saw that dog's shit earlier today, it was toward nine in the morning. He was alone. Since he's back in Miami, he dealt with some persons and he was doing the business at a certain house, but actually it's not his. Nobody really knows where he's staying. Nobody really knows him. And he's always lying. To some people he told them something and to others, he told them another thing, but it's never the truth. It's like we're searching a damn ghost."