•Chapter 52

≈Hoover, AL…

(4:57 p.m

After the alarming phone call from Kalia, Kalvin told Cora that he had to go in Hoover hoping that she was okay with it. And she was. He didn't want to leave her alone at home if she wasn't comfortable with that idea. But it was only for one to maybe two days, so she was cool with it, plus it was a familial urgency, so she was totally understandable.

Once he knew that, Kalvin packed a bag real quick and him and Yohann were soon flying in the state of Alabama. They were a little bit more than one hour and a half in the plane before to land. As soon as they got out of the Conners' private jet, a car with a chauffeur was waiting for them and they were going to the police station where Kaldrick was. When they arrived, Kalia was already there. 

"Oh my ! You're here." Her and Kalvin hugged tightly. 

"Well, I'm going to see what I can do." Yohann said walking away. 

"Thanks so much, Yohann." Kalia thanked him.

"What happened ? And why are we in Hoover ? " He questioned her as they sat down. 

She sighed, "Well…You know who is living here, right ? " She answered biting on her lip with another question. 

He hadn't to think about it for too long, "Unc-I mean, that bastard." He mumbled shaking his head. For real, himself thought about paying him a little visit also, but his big brother was faster. 

"I appreciate what he did, but it was unnecessary. It's in the past." She said with a sad face expression, "I should've not talked about it. It was better wh-"

"No ! And you should've said something about this since the beginning. Now I understand better your behavior towards m-Uh…Donya." 

She looked at him sympathetically, "She will always be your mother, Kal."

He shrugged, "I don't know about this. I mean…I…" He sighed feeling the tears coming again, "…It won't be the same anymore." He bit the corner of his lip.

"I know, but…That's the only mother you know and…You can't stop loving someone in a snap. And…don't get it twist…I was, I am and I will always be…mad at her for letting them do this to me, but on the other ha-"

"Are you really defending her ? "

"No, I'm not ! Neither her nor this monster. I'm just explaining you the situation with another perspective. She was a victim too. We were all victims of…Xavier Ryans…yes, our father. She was manipulated and abused."

He hummed, "You know…I thought about changing my last name for a minute." He said in a chuckle.

She smiled, "I thought about doing this too, but something…"

"…made you change your mind real quick." He finished her sentence and she nodded her head. Then they looked at each other and beamed.