•Chapter 13

≈Miami, FL...

(5:00 p.m)

"Mummy, do we really have to do this ? " 

"Acacia, be quiet ! " Cora didn't know if it was still a good idea, but she was continuing with it. She turned to face them, "You two better behave with Kalvin this time ! If I hear something, a boarding school will be very happy to welcome you. Did you hear me ? " She warned looking at both of them with serious eyes.

They nodded their heads, "Cool. I'll come to pick you up once Kalvin doesn't need you anymore." After saying that she got out of the car. Acacia rolled her eyes and Almar sighed annoyed as they got out as well. Cora locked the doors and then they started walking towards Kalvin's building. After a couple of minutes, they were finally in front of his front door. The twins were a bit anxious though. They preferred to have the ass whooping instead of being his 'maids'. 

"Hey." Kalvin said looking at the family before him. 

"Hey. How are you ? " Cora asked politely. 

Kalvin simply shrugged, "It could be worse...And you, Cora ? " She rolled her eyes. He was being petty. 

"We are fine, thanks for caring. Uh...Well...I have to go. Call me when it's time to pick them up." Then she pointed at her children, "Behave." 

Kalvin and the twins looked her walked away and then stared at each other. It lasted five long minutes before Kalvin motioned them to enter in his condo, then he closed the door. He led them to the living room and told them to sit down on the couch and he placed himself across from them. He observed them during two minutes and then grabbed the plastic bag on the coffee table that contained two grey dungarees, two white paintboxes and brushes. He handed them the clothes.

Acacia raised her eyebrow, "What is that ? " She asked holding the dungaree like it was something disgusting. Kalvin just rolled his eyes, "And what if it's not our size ? " She kept acting like a little brat.

"Then you better not put paint on it while you're doing the job." He said smartly, "Well, Kids. Here we are again. Just three of us. And this time I'm the one who has everything under control. So I have some rules for yall. One, I give orders, you don't contest and you just do it." Acacia was about to contradict him, but he motioned for her to shut up with his hand, "Two, when I'm talking you close your damn mouth ! " The twins shared a look, that he couldn't read, but he didn't really care at this moment, "Three, if you break or burn something here, I'll do the same to your house ! Four, don't even try to play with my nerves. You were lucky the last time. Five, until six p.m you call me sir, then until seven you call me Mr.Ryans and finally until eight you call me boss or patron. Got everything in your heads or you need me to repeat ? "

"That's all ? " Almar asked believing it was a joke. 

"Yeah, but I could add more to the list." Kalvin simply answered. 

"Why can we just call you Kalvin ? And what exactly are we going to do ? And are you going to kill us at one point ? " Acacia questioned curiously.